Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
The reason I have been willing to stick with Voom for the last 3
months was there was at least someone to talk to when bad stuff
happened. I've overlooked the PQ issues that continue to come and
go, the reboots that I continue to have to do, the diplexer issues,
the HORRIBLE program guide and most of all NO TIVO. But now that I
can't call and find out when my faulty LNB is going to be replaced
(waiting 3 weeks after initial tech call where STB was replaced)
I've realized Voom is not going to make it so I'm done wasting my
time. If they can't get recurring guide requests, the guide to
start where you stopped, customer service, installs etc under
control, there is NO WAY their DVR is going to work reliably within
the next year. I would cancel, but my calls aren't answered and my
emails/voicemails are not answered. I'm just going to stop paying
my bill and we'll see what happens. It's too bad, I really wanted
to like Voom.

You should at least write that you want to cancel service on the bill and send it back in. That way you will have some cover when they send the bill collection agencies out.

haldol,
don't give up. You surely remember better days when you wrote this:

"WOW! This is amazing....

I'm not one to post, but after following here for the last month, calling for the new lease service, installation occurring seamlessly today (Boston) and spending the last 5 hours in utter amazement, I felt I should post my first impressions. In short, D* is gone in about 5 minutes. Regardless of any shortcomings, this service is well worth any amount of money. The picture, sound, features and service (Walt from Shrewsbury) are incredible. I might quit my job and stay home to watch TV all day.

Thanks to all for a months worth of anonymous info and advice."

I haven't had your problems and I love my PQ but I will agree about Voom's so called "program guide".

I've had a program guide and this my friend- is no program guide.

Does it guide you really? I was told by my installer that " Voom has no real live program guide and if you really want information about what's on, go to the Voom web site". He was right, when we want to surf Voom and find out what's on and what's coming up, we can only use the Internet and it gets old.

He also said a big wig at Voom told him (my installer) that the reason Voom had no program guide was that because they were updated channels so much it would make it cumbersome to have a true program guide". What hooey!

haldol said:
to like Voom.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing about how a company that can't get an STB right is gonna come out with the greatest DVR ever. If you do decide to cancel, make sure you do it in writing. No use getting billed for three days of service just because Voom doesn't adequately staff its call centers.

andrzej said:
haldol,
don't give up. You surely remember better days when you wrote this:

"WOW! This is amazing....

I'm not one to post, but after following here for the last month, calling for the new lease service, installation occurring seamlessly today (Boston) and spending the last 5 hours in utter amazement, I felt I should post my first impressions. In short, D* is gone in about 5 minutes. Regardless of any shortcomings, this service is well worth any amount of money. The picture, sound, features and service (Walt from Shrewsbury) are incredible. I might quit my job and stay home to watch TV all day.

Thanks to all for a months worth of anonymous info and advice."
Clearly I WAS in love with Voom based on my previous post - I was most impressed when I spoke to the folks at Voom when I started running into problems. One of my biggest pet peeves with any company is one that oversells their product leaving everyone else in the dust. Working with the customer in times of need goes a long way. They are essentially shooting themselves in the foot and they have spent TONS of money getting installed into my house. Now that the ooh-and-aah of HDTV is gone, I'd like to get back to watching TV. I've also found that I NEVER watch ANY of the the Voom exclusives so the DirecTV Tivo makes more sense to me. Maybe a year from now I'll think differently but I honestly question whether Voom will be around should they not re-assess their approach to installation, product support, product development and most of all, customer service. Thanks to all for the other suggestions.

haldol said:
to like Voom.

This is really a shame that Voom will lose a customer because of crappy CSR's.and the center.they should wake up to this soon,because there is so much potential for Voom..i would call Cablevision in long island NY

Ready to jump off the bandwagon

Sorry for the crosspost but this belongs in here more than anywhere.

I have decided to pull the plug on Voom. I cannot get ABC or CBS and I cannot live without my TiVo. DirecTV may have big news in the next few weeks, but I miss them too.

Anyone been uninstalled? I am just curious how that will work. I was not a real fan of my newly installed "flyswatter" antenna ... neither was the wife.

I hate to dump them so early but it just does not work for me.

** NEW **
Well I called to cancel and Voom wants to send out another tech. I thold them they should save the money on the tech. I have reset the STB and have current software, etc. In all fairness, I wanted to let other members know that this is OTA and not really a shortcomming of Voom, I am 45+ miles from my local sources. I think with me it is just that I value watching TV on my schedule too much. DVR's are the best thing to happen to TV since it was invented .. better than HiDef even in my mind. So i plan to give Voom another shot WHEN they have thier DVR, I think that would make it perfect for me. Even without locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)