I'm Done with Dish

The master feeds are not mostly MPEG 4. Only a few of the providers (like HBO) has gone all MPEG 4. Some of SHO is MPEG 2 some MPEG 4 none of Starz is MPEG 4 yet that I've found. It's hit or miss on all the rest of the cable providers.

Yeah, it doesn't matter anyways. But, heres a link. Pay close attention to the pink highlights(HD) of the western satellites. Tons of S2! The move has been on for a few years now.

AMERICA :: TrackSat.com

Lyngsat appears to be a little more up to date.
http://www.lyngsat.com/Galaxy-13-Horizons-1.html

Last edited:
Comcast sucks! Picture quality is sharper with dish. Comcast DVr is so old and outdated. Channel speed is way faster on the hopper over the Comcast DVr. Plus I can deal with a 10 minute outage verses a few days when cable goes out. Comcast claims at how satellite goes out in bad weather but what they don't tell their customers is how they run off big satellites themselves for signal. Only difference is that with dish you get your own personal satellite dish.

Yeah, it doesn't matter anyways. But, heres a link. Pay close attention to the pink highlights(HD) of the western satellites. Tons of S2! The move has been on for a few years now.

AMERICA :: TrackSat.com

Lyngsat appears to be a little more up to date.
Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127.0°W - LyngSat
We have most of this on the FTA (have an S10 but have had to stop doing anything with it lately because of a heart attack) list we have here. I also pay attention to Lyngsat and am an engineer. So I know most of this already. But thanks for a new site to check.

I hope the move was not price related! Comcast will really cause you to go bankrupt. Let alone I travel all over the U.S and when the subject comes up nearly every city council has Comcast on the mat
for increasing prices and decreasing service. Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)