I'm going back to DTV...will my old HDVR2 still work??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

unionturf

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
DTV is coming Friday to install HD service, I have a old (2 years) HDVR2 receiver that I would like to use. My question is will it still work (it was a Tivo DVR) and will I still have to pay a lease or monthly fee?

when I had DTV before I owned the receivers, we didn't have to lease, I would like to add a 4th room and use this receiver but not have to pay a lease fee.

DTV is coming Friday to install HD service, I have a old (2 years) HDVR2 receiver that I would like to use. My question is will it still work (it was a Tivo DVR) and will I still have to pay a lease or monthly fee?

when I had DTV before I owned the receivers, we didn't have to lease, I would like to add a 4th room and use this receiver but not have to pay a lease fee.
Yes it will work and yes you have to pay $4.99 for each receiver other than the main one.

That fee is for mirroring your subscription. The DVR fee will be covered on your account with the install of HD service, assuming you're getting the HD DVR. No lease fees involved with your old unit.

Well, the installers would not install the older unit since it was not on their work order, I understand no problem. I hooked up the unit myself to see if it would update or do anything, it's a HDVR2 it will boot up in the great screen say welcome, then say just a few more minutes, and then boots back up again and continues with this process. I have let it set up for a few hours and it will not do anything.

Would I need to contact DTV for this to even go to a normal screen or maybe this unit is bad? Last week it did go to the regular TIVO screen but nothing this week.

Well, the installers would not install the older unit since it was not on their work order, I understand no problem. I hooked up the unit myself to see if it would update or do anything, it's a HDVR2 it will boot up in the great screen say welcome, then say just a few more minutes, and then boots back up again and continues with this process. I have let it set up for a few hours and it will not do anything.

Would I need to contact DTV for this to even go to a normal screen or maybe this unit is bad? Last week it did go to the regular TIVO screen but nothing this week.

I have never worked with this particular unit, but you should be able to get channel 100 and 500 and possibly 200 as well.
You will need to call D* to activate it, or reactivate it, keep in mind that mpeg2 programing is going away eventually and you will not get the large number of HD channels D* has out with it.
You may call to activate it and see if they offer you a deal on a newer mpeg4 model as well.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)