DirecTV VOD Activation Info for HR21 - Only for 0x1FE Software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
THIS IS ONLY FOR HR-21 OWNERS!

This came up in our CE forum last week as part of finalizing the software that DirecTV is releasing nationally right now.

The 0x1FE software is rolling out as a staggered release, meaning they start on the west coast and work east.

Check this thread for information on that software rollout:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...ed-200-national-software-release-s-0x1fe.html

Verify that you have the 0x1FE software release (Hold Info button for 5 sceonds, look for "current version")

If you do not yet have 0x1FE, wait, it will be released to your box over the next few days or perhaps a week. DirecTV spaces out these releases to keep from overloading their tech support department.

Make sure you have your ethernet cable connected from your receiver to your router (so the box can access the internet).

Check to ensure it can connect to the internet: Menu, Setup, System Setup, Network, Setup (or repeat setup), and finally Test Connection.

Try your DirecTV On Demand from the menu. If it works, great.

If it doens't work, and you checked all the above, then it is probally not activated on your account yet.

To activate DirecTV on Demand (a FREE service, except PPV movies)

Call (800) 347-3288

Wait for the automated system to ask you want you want:

Say "Activate DirecTV On Demand"

You will hear some beeps, and it will take up to 15 seconds. Then it will say activation complete, or something to that regard.

After activating, it will take up to 24 hours to download the system content (channels) to your receiver. Don't mess with it until the next day, it will just frustrate you :)

If you have any questions or problems, post and we'll try to help.

Can we connect our HDDVR's wirelessly? If so what kind of device and if DirecTV provide such device? What is the recommended broadband speed for the best use of HD VOD?

Thanks.

I activated my DOD via phone last weekend but was outside of the window to download the necessary CE software. Last Wednesday night, an update to my HR21-700 downloaded, and when I checked the following morning, DOD was working.

Also discovered the capability to view photos and play music from my computer via my HR21-700.

Remote scheduling of the DVR also works great. :D:up

Make sure to do the Test Connection part of the Internet setup. I had assumed the Internet was connected because my HR21 was accessing the media share on my LAN. However, DOD didn't work until I ran through the Internet setup.

young you cannot connect the dvr,s wireless at this time. I just ran a long 25 fy ethernet cable from router to reciever under floor board. My basement is not finished.

young you cannot connect the dvr,s wireless at this time. I just ran a long 25 fy ethernet cable from router to reciever under floor board. My basement is not finished.
Why can't ya use wireless yet??? I belive the hr21 does not know where the signal is comming from. Is that correct??

You can use wireless by buying an access point ($80-$100) and plugging it into the ethernet port.

Or, you can buy a homeplug networking kit (thorugh powerline) from D* for $59 (I think) - it is listed in the upgrade equipment part of the my account on directv.com

Media Share

I am having a problem trying to Download the VIIV program on my Computer it has an AMD chip in it and it runs XP pro. Any help would be great.

I am hr21-700, I am running a wireless bridge btw my LINKSYS WRT54G to a LINKSYS Dual band Wireless-N Gaming adapter WGA600N. It works great..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts