Im Going to buy a 32in Olevia LCD TV

Just bought a SONY XBR, and from looking at what felt like hundreds of LCDs, I'd strongly recommend you look at alternatives. Even a Vizio.

Still %100 in love with my vizio and its picture quality and wouldnt trade it for a sony at all.

Ah, but you must not have seen an XBR4, with the 120MHz processor. I decided it was well worth the extra money. :)

That said, my folks have two Vizios, and like them both.

When I looked at them side by side, I liked the olevia better than the vizio. That said, I got a Samsung on sale for only $100 more than the olevia and I'm very happy.

Ah, but you must not have seen an XBR4, with the 120MHz processor. I decided it was well worth the extra money. :)

That said, my folks have two Vizios, and like them both.
I've seen the latest and not so greatest sony full spectrum and I wouldnt pay a penny for it, the set cant handle action scenes and fast motion without artifacts and thats seeing with my own eyes and talking with two sales reps and a department manager at CC and BB. Pirates of the caribean at worlds end and spiderman 3 both looked horrible with action scenes but was nice with relaxed scenes. I know that sony has had issues with quality and moving its US repair centers to mexico but from what Im seeing they made a 3grand paperweight.

I've seen the latest and not so greatest sony full spectrum and I wouldnt pay a penny for it, the set cant handle action scenes and fast motion without artifacts and thats seeing with my own eyes and talking with two sales reps and a department manager at CC and BB. Pirates of the caribean at worlds end and spiderman 3 both looked horrible with action scenes but was nice with relaxed scenes. I know that sony has had issues with quality and moving its US repair centers to mexico but from what Im seeing they made a 3grand paperweight.

Wow. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whenever I'm looking at TVs, the Sonys are noticably better (although not by a wide enough margin to justify the premium price)

Wow. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whenever I'm looking at TVs, the Sonys are noticably better (although not by a wide enough margin to justify the premium price)

I agree.

Van: to each their own. The PQ on my SONY is stellar, and I went side by side with lots of different sets. In the end, I decided the additional price was well-worthwhile. AND in terms of motion artifiacts, they rarely if ever happen on this set. Again, there is a huge difference between the 60 Mhz and the 120MHz sets.

But the OP is not in the market for a premium set. He is looking at the value sets, and of the three, I'd agree: Vizio looks very good for the price. Just hope it doesn't ever need warranty work. (I've read lots of reviews that its a nightmare).

I agree.

Van: to each their own. The PQ on my SONY is stellar, and I went side by side with lots of different sets. In the end, I decided the additional price was well-worthwhile. AND in terms of motion artifiacts, they rarely if ever happen on this set. Again, there is a huge difference between the 60 Mhz and the 120MHz sets.

But the OP is not in the market for a premium set. He is looking at the value sets, and of the three, I'd agree: Vizio looks very good for the price. Just hope it doesn't ever need warranty work. (I've read lots of reviews that its a nightmare).

I've read the same horror stories about the warranty. To the OP: I'd shop around for a bit....you'll probably be able to find a name brand on sale for just a *bit* more than the olevia/vizio. I've been noticing some good prices on Sharps lately (i can't speak for their PQ, but I'm sure they have legit warranties.)

I would look at the Toshiba Regza's. Ive got 2 of them and love them.

Also look at the Regza's.

I was looking at them before I decided to go the "premium" route. (And I have to say, were it not for a generous gift certificate my wife had from The Pampered Chef, as an incentive she earned, that would not have happened :) ).

Its not a question of the eye of the beholder, if you can look at a display and see large noticeable artifacts then theres a problem not a question of asthetics. I watched 20 minutes of the last pirates movie at CC and during the point where they had to turn the pearl over there was alot of issues with artifacts popping up all over the place to varying degrea's yet if it was a relaxed setting it was fine for the most part. One scene had a patch of skin above the eyebrows of one of the lead characters sliding around like it was loose. Watching spiderman 3 at BB was better but still had issues with artifacts and what both of them had that just didnt make things look right was an odd unrealistic feel to what you were watching like a slow panning didnt transition right with diferent depths of field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts