I'm livid! Service turned off...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only thing that could be really occuring is if you are having to call that number then they have a special rep that might be taking your call. I would say possibly check on your acct with the website and check recent account activity to make sure they possibly dont have you as a speical acct type. I had experience where my acct was entered twice in the billing system and they had me as fraud account and I had to call a speical number and took loads of my time to correct it. But if they keep referring to that number than its the only people will help you. Might be lucky could be some one with the Corporate office, helping you since all other customer service reps failed. But that is what i would do call the number and they can get you straight or if not then ask for there supervisor.

I had a very similar problem with Direct TV about oh it must be 10 years ago now. I had been a customer since 93 and had moved twice in the 5 years I was with them.

After the last move I started getting my service turned off every month. I would call and they would see the error and fix the billing problem but the next month it would reappear. This went on for 4 months or so. Then when I can back from a vacation my service was turned off and I was only givin the option to have it turned on via sending payment via Western Union. They would not even talk about anything else. They kept saying you are habitual late payer and your service has been disconnected 5 time in the last year. I was floored! I tried escalation to no aval. After a about two weeks of calling and a few letters. I gave up and went to cable, having to leave behind my beloved NFL Sunday Ticket and the cost of the reciever I had purchased.

To top it all off about a year later I recieved a bill from a collection ageny for somewhere in the range of $185 for Direct TV service. This was after the account had been paid in full and the disconnected receiver was sitting in the garage.

I will never deal with Direct TV again.

This gets even more fun!!

I called their 1-800-DIRECTV, and was immediately told I would need to call another number -- the number given was the one I called last night. I can't even speak to retention, and I know that the other number will just send me to Western Union.

This is really, really ridiculous. I don't need TV this bad, nor do I need this much stress -- I should just stick with OTA :\

Cancel, call Claude, and switch to Dish Network. :D

Not being glib about your situation, but I'm somewhat surprised that Zero hasn't poked his head out of his hole with some drive-by comment about how you're a "stupid customer" or some such nonsense. Or how you somehow "deserved it". :rolleyes:

Well, I just switched from Dish to Direct a month ago. I hadn't regretted my decision until now...

I could see the same situation with Dish though -- if they were presented with a chargeback they'd do the same thing. I just can't figure out why there was a chargeback, and how DirecTV ended up with the wrong credit card number.

Mattopia try going to directtv.com and email them about your situation. Get a little nasty with them like you can prove the cc number on file is not yous and you will get a laywer to look into this. They will send you an email back within 24 hrs with the 800 # and pin to retention.

DTV has been screwed often enough that they have now over reacted. They seem to swing between "get the numbers" where anyone with twenty bucks cash gets connected .......as the no pays mount they demand credit cards and high credit scores.

Joe

Yes they do over react

As the main concern of Direct shold be is get the equitment that they have sold to many customers such as HD-DVR and HD equitment that has problems and they expect the customer to deal with crappy equitment and continue to pay for their service.:mad: That is not fair, I would really like just for all of us that are customer that have had bad experiences to get in contact of the Better Business, and I bet that would change their minds. Or peraphs will just make them raise prices more, so the customer also pays for it twice. I am just experince I have been able to see for the past two years compared to early 90's the Directv is not the same as they use to be and they have worst customer service and service.

As the main concern of Direct shold be is get the equitment that they have sold to many customers such as HD-DVR and HD equitment that has problems and they expect the customer to deal with crappy equitment and continue to pay for their service.:mad: That is not fair, I would really like just for all of us that are customer that have had bad experiences to get in contact of the Better Business, and I bet that would change their minds. Or peraphs will just make them raise prices more, so the customer also pays for it twice. I am just experince I have been able to see for the past two years compared to early 90's the Directv is not the same as they use to be and they have worst customer service and service.
I for one have never Had 1 customer service issue! And when I've had an "Equipment" problem I've always been taken care of.

Well, my service is back on. The only way I could get through to anyone is via the toll free number they set aside for us "deadbeats" I guess...

The next girl I talked to said I could pay over the phone via check. So, I grab my checkbook.... Then she tells me "uups, no, since we have no payment history with you we need Western Union, MoneyGram, etc..." She at least apologized for the misinformation.

I gave up and went to a MoneyGram location. After about 2 hours my service was restored, and they tell me I can't pay with credit card for 6 months. I'm still irate about the situation and am still waiting for a "manager" to call me back... At least now with my service restored, maybe I can get through to retention and complain.

I am surprised at how poorly they've treated me through this process. I own a house, have great credit, and no significant credit card debt, no late payments with anyone. Yet I had to wait in line with a girl who was buying a money order for an STD test (I'm not joking....) and pay something like $70 in reactivation and chargeback fees to get turned back on. That eats a significant chunk of my new customer incentives.

I'm really hoping DirecTV makes this right... This is bull**** and I'm not at all happy with the level of service I've received. I can see why they require a 2 year contract...

I am considering a BBB complaint.

I really, really dont understand how they can provide false information and get away with it, also it sounds like they have incorrect information in their system or someone has been tampering with your account. I am also confused on how they can say that it's not an issue with the credit card company if it is a chargeback and that they won't let you use to a credit card to pay anymore. What would happen if you could not wire them money via Western Union, what would they do to you? Something sounds really fishy here and it's really bad business practice on their part not to want to work with you. I am wondering if you contacted the Better Business Bereau if they could do anything for you.

I am wondering if you contacted the Better Business Bereau if they could do anything for you.

I'm going to give them a chance to make it right when the "manager" calls me back. If not, I'm going to find out what the BBB can do.

I've been on both sides of a BBB mediation and they seem to be very fair about ensuring both sides reach a resolution.

I'd be satisfied if they refunded the chargeback and late charges/fees and my $6.95 moneygram fee. Ideally, they'd give me credit for the many hours I've spent screwing around.

This is unbelievable. D* scammed you for $70. Next time you speak with them, threaten to file a complaint with the Ohio attorney general if they don't refund your money, allow you to pay with a CC, etc.....if they do not cooperate, file a complaint with the AG.

Well, it's been two days now. Did you get a call back from a DirecTv manager? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? Have you filed a BBB complaint? Inquiring minds want to know.;)

I never got the "in 24-48 hours" callback from a manager that DirecTV promised. My guess is some low level manager saw that I paid via moneygram and moved on to the next person in the pile, which is crap because after my service was restored I explained that I was still expecting a callback and was assured I'd still get one.

Two forum members have been in touch with someone at DirecTV who is going to review the situation. Before I file complaints with the BBB and the state AG, I want to give D* the chance to turn it around. I'll give them another day and see what happens.

Stay tuned!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)