Important! Joe harkins and install problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rang1995

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 30, 2003
Bergen co NJ
Joe Harkins who has been very helpful to us here has been transfered(nothing to be read into this) i was asked to post this so there will not be a flood of e-mails to him, since he won't be able to do anything about the problems..They are setting up a new team and hopefully i can post the e mail or a new # for the usual problems ASAP..I know i speak for all in wishing Joe well in his new assignment!

rang1995 said:
Joe Harkins who has been very helpful to us here has been transfered(nothing to be read into this) i was asked to post this so there will not be a flood of e-mails to him, since he won't be able to do anything about the problems..They are setting up a new team and hopefully i can post the e mail or a new # for the usual problems ASAP..I know i speak for all in wishing Joe well in his new assignment!
I hope Joe is not being blamed for INstalls INC's lack of service. He has been a life saver from what I have read.

rang1995 said:

That's funny, he emailed me a couple of hours ago in helping me with my botched installation. I hope not.............

Well wishes are certainly in order! Of course, the bad news (for me) is Joe was in the middle of correcting my OTA problems - I wonder if someone is gonna answer his phone?

:river...and yes, those are tear drops you hear hitting the floor.

Hmmm, he told me yesterday that he was setting up a service call to get me a bigger dish -- but I haven't heard anything from Voom/local sub-contracted installer yet. Hopefully I won't get lost in the shuffle.

rollerfink said:
Hopefully I won't get lost in the shuffle.

...that reminds me of a joke I heard the other day: What does rollerfink and a deck of cards have in common? They both got shuffled by Installs Inc. :yikes

But seriously, I hope you get your dish situation squared-away as soon as possible and I hope neither of us are dealt a bad hand.

Riff...<EOT.

I just gotten and email from Joe yesterday afternoon. Joe said he is going to get me a bigger dish. Hopefully he can get this before he is transferred.

Joe: wish you good luck in your new position! thanks for your help!

New Job

Hopefully this is a promotion for him. He certainly deserves it. His can do attitude and customer focus is just what Voom needs to get off the ground.

I too hope this is a promotion for Joe, but unfortunately the bottom line is the bottom line: make a profit or get fired, demoted or reassigned. Unfortunately, with the numerous installation problems being reported on this website, I just don't see how it is possible for Installs Inc. to be making money on their VoOm installs. Would anyone disagree?

Typical Scenario: unsuccessful initial install - follow up install (repeak dish, upgrade OTA, establish LOS) - return visit to replace STB or upgrade to 24/30" dish.

Riff...<EOT>

Installs Inc. is the middleman. If they want to be profitable they should make sure their installers across the country are competent.

Bill

A message from Joe to all

Bob,

Thank everyone for their kind words on Satelliteguys. I appreciate it.
Tell them I'll follow up on all of the jobs that were sent to me to make
sure they get completed.

Thanks,

Joe