Important... VOOM Forum Changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ilya said:
We are making changes right now (over the next couple of hours). Stay tuned!
You guys work on Saturdays??? Very impressive!!

So glad you will be moderating the new forum more stringently..I mean, you can only stand reading about how bad something is so many times till it becomes sickening..
I still don't understand why the constantly negative posters don't just drop Voom....If you hate it that much, why do you remain a user?

Looking forward to the new stuff!

wase4711 said:
You guys work on Saturdays??? Very impressive!!
No, we don't work here ;) (Moderators don't get paid.) It's a hobby. And we certainly do hobbies on Saturdays! :D

Where did my thread go?

Since we are re-arranging the VOOM forum today and moving so many threads around, it might be difficult for you to find your own postings (sorry for the inconvenience!)

Here is a quick tip: in the Quick Links menu (in the upper-right corner of the screen) select "My Profile". In the profile screen you can click on "Find all posts..." or "Find all threads..."

Things appear to be coming along very well. :)

I am interested to find out what you guys think of our new VOOM Forum Homepage, we intend to us it as a clearing house for important VOOM information and facts.

When you are in the VOOM forums you can return to the VOOM Forum Homepage by clicking on our SatelliteGuys Logo. Also the direct link to our VOOM Forum Homepage is http://voom.satelliteguys.us

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated. :D

We hope you enjoy!!!

Update - The New Post VOOM Link from the Navigation now works properly again. This link shows you all new posts in our VOOM forums since your last visit :)

Scott,

I am very impressed! I'm sure a bug or two will pop-up, but the overall design of the VOOM Forum is excellent...it's like a Forum within a Forum. You guys continue to do an outstanding job building and improving the Internet's Biggest & Best VOOM Forum. However, I must admit the VOOM Forum now looks and operates better than anything else on the SatelliteGuys.US Forum. It looks like you'll be working hard to take care of the rest of your members.

Thanks for the comments, yes a lot of work went into getting this done but we feel it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Again thanks for the comments.

Scott Greczkowski said:
When you are in the VOOM forums you can return to the VOOM Forum Homepage by clicking on our SatelliteGuys Logo. Also the direct link to our VOOM Forum Homepage is http://voom.satelliteguys.us
When you're on the Voom Forum Homepage is there a way to go to the Voom Forum Listings page with one click? Or do I have to go back to the SatGuys page and click on it from there? I see that I can go directly to any of the actual forums, and then the listings page is one click away -- but how 'bout going directly to the listings page -- am I missing the way to do this or doesn't it exist? If not, I think it'd be a nice addition.

TheTimm said:
When you're on the Voom Forum Homepage is there a way to go to the Voom Forum Listings page with one click? Or do I have to go back to the SatGuys page and click on it from there? I see that I can go directly to any of the actual forums, and then the listings page is one click away -- but how 'bout going directly to the listings page -- am I missing the way to do this or doesn't it exist? If not, I think it'd be a nice addition.
Initially, we didn't even plan to have the Listings Page at all...
The Main Page has links to all the forums (on the left side) and the list of Latest Threads (on the right side). But it looks like the Forum Listings view is something that many forum members are accustom to, so it was added at the last moment as a temporary solution. I guess, we'll leave it there for awhile, and then we can decide which way to go...
(And yes, we can add a link to it no problem.)

Ilya said:
Initially, we didn't even plan to have the Listings Page at all...
The Main Page has links to all the forums (on the left side) and the list of Latest Threads (on the right side). But it looks like the Forum Listings view is something that many forum members are accustom to, so it was added at the last moment as a temporary solution. I guess, we'll leave it there for awhile, and then we can decide which way to go...
(And yes, we can add a link to it no problem.)

I for one would really miss the Listings page if it wasn't there - it's just kinda what my brain expects to see I guess. I'd sure appreciate a link. Thanks. :)

TheTimm said:
I'd sure appreciate a link. Thanks. :)
I've added the link in the Welcome message on the Home Page (until Scott finds a better place for it...)

Ilya said:
I've added the link in the Welcome message on the Home Page (until Scott finds a better place for it...)
If Scott's open to suggestions, I'd recommend it go at the top of the list of Voom Forums - over on the left side of the page. Or even use it to replace the heading there where it says, "Our VOOM Forums".

And thanks, Ilya! :D

Have you guys noticed that Sean is changing pictures on the Home Page almost every hour? :D

If you haven't bookmarked the new home page, do it now! You can use the following URL: voom.satelliteguys.us

Welcome to our new home!

Something tells me that the free speech period had ended on this forum.
Beside that, new design made it somewhat harder to get where most people want to go - the main Voom forum. I am not trying to be picky but since I'm somewhat involved in the web design industry, I know that people don't like to many clicks to get where they want. Simplification is the key.

Conjuror said:
Something tells me that the free speech period had ended on this forum.
On the contrary! Among other changes, we have introduced two new forums: "VOOM Customer Comments" and "VOOM Chit Chat". Not only there is a place now to freely express your thoughts and opinions about VOOM, but we even have a place for off-topic discussions, which we didn't have before. We hope, this will make life easier for everyone: for those looking for opinions, predictions, pros and cons, etc., it will be easier to find them, and for those who is not interested in all that, it will be easier to skip them. ;)

As for getting to specific forums: this may take some getting used to, but all VOOM Forums are just one click away from the Home Page. And 15 most recent threads are a single click away as well. For those accustom to a more traditional forum view we have the VOOM Forum Listing page.

Scott, Sean and other staff members put a lot of efforts in these changes and we really hope you will like the results...

An update: we have moved the most recent threads according to the new forum structure, but there are still older threads that might be misplaced. We'll get to them over time. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts