Important Notice Regarding Your Cband Programming from NPS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
Since SRL sent something out yesterday, NPS just had to not let anyone forget about them and send something out today. Tacky, lol.

2lnibn4.jpg

Yes, Take action by obtaining a 410 or 905 and getting hooked up with SRL.

Oh I have let them tell me all about there Dish deals in detail then tell them I got DirecTV. By wasting there time I may not allowed them to have converted some sucker out there.

Since SRL sent something out yesterday, NPS just had to not let anyone forget about them and send something out today. Tacky, lol.

2lnibn4.jpg

Yes, Take action by obtaining a 410 or 905 and getting hooked up with SRL.

If you read the part about "ensure you have the ability to watch tv". Whats that? Is NPS going around and pulling the plug out of the wall too? LOL

I find the wording to be quite funny actually.

"NPS is discontinuing all C-Band programming effective midnight on December 26, 2010"

It almost seems to indicate that all C-Band transmissions are going to go dark. I'm willing to bet money that on December 27th, there will still be programming to watch on C-Band, such as RTV, Nasa, PBS, Multiple radio feeds, Ion TV, CW, NBC, ABC, CBS, A-TV Atlantic, EWTN, Huskervision, and more... Plus... SkyVision/SRL have the 410 package that I know for sure will still be running.

It's a scare tactic used in marketing. SRL is also saying things along this line when I spoke with them on the phone yesterday. SRL was saying all the satellites will go away. Why is there going to be an explosion on the sun that will take out every bird except AMC-18? LOL

They want people to fear, that way they can sell the products. We have the answer :bow even if it's snake oil.. :eek:

Oh I have let them tell me all about there Dish deals in detail then tell them I got DirecTV. By wasting there time I may not allowed them to have converted some sucker out there.

That's a good one. :)

Kinda reminds me of when Oklahoma still allowed smoking in restaurants. Many restaurants would mix the smoking & non-smoking tables all up together instead "this half" & "that half", which I never understood.

As a non-smoker who didn't care for the burn in my throat with my dinner, I'd always choose a "smoking" table. I figured that was just one less table to generate smoke. Plus, that usually put me side by side with a couple of non-smoking tables.

Sorry to get off of the topic, but your trick of wasting an NPS CSR's time like that is kinda the same trick. LOL.

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)