Impressed - Finally!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
The new HD lineup is sweet and even more is the pic quality. The Mpeg4 is how HD is supposed to look. I've been waiting for this for years. Started with DISH HD, then VOOM, then DTV, put up with the same lame channels for years.

I'm happy now :hatsoff:

I just switched from the HR10 to HR20 yesterday and I'm pretty impressed. The picture and sound are better . . . on all channels it seems. Of course, it could be the upgraded sat & cables . . . but whatever the reason is, it looks good!

I greatly miss my tivo functions, but more channels and better picture are doing a fine job of pacifying my desires. For everyone who believes the HR20 is just as good . . . you're wrong. The picture is better . . . the sound is better . . . the lineup is better . . . the speed is better . . . but the ability to "time-shift" is missing and that made all the difference.

As soon as D** starts swapping spit with tivo again, I'll be the first in line.

I just switched from the HR10 to HR20 yesterday and I'm pretty impressed. The picture and sound are better . . . on all channels it seems. Of course, it could be the upgraded sat & cables . . . but whatever the reason is, it looks good!

I greatly miss my tivo functions, but more channels and better picture are doing a fine job of pacifying my desires. For everyone who believes the HR20 is just as good . . . you're wrong. The picture is better . . . the sound is better . . . the lineup is better . . . the speed is better . . . but the ability to "time-shift" is missing and that made all the difference.

Time shifting ????
As in watching form a different time zone ???

This will NOT happen, this IS part of what got DISH in the predicument they are in, don't think you'll see that happen again.

Jimbo

My issue with changing from HR10 to HR20 was losing the ease of switching between tuners without having to record the shows.

I've got three HR10-250s and three HR20-700s, and on the MPEG-2 HD channels, I cannot see any difference. I watch channels 72, 73, 80, 82, 86, and 88, et. al., quite frequently and have noticed no difference in audio or video between the two DVRs. I like them both, for their own unique features, although DLB is a BIG thing for me.

I cannot see any difference. I watch channels 72, 73, 80, 82, 86, and 88,
Those channels are still MPEG2!

I cannot see any difference. I watch channels 72, 73, 80, 82, 86, and 88,
Those channels are still MPEG2!

I think he knows that. The point was to compare the PQ between boxes, and if you're doing that, you can't compare with the MPEG4 channels, because the old one won't do MPEG4 (not to mention it wouldn't be a fair comparison!).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)