Improved DiscoveryHD picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Last night I got my pj hooked up and compared DiscHD between Voom & Dish & for fairness, I used component out on both machines and I could not tell a difference. It was the Jeff Corwin Experience with the snakes and there were some pretty incredible closeups, I could see the tiniest little details sharp as a tack.

Agreed...

I agree with ya Vurbano. Don't put stuff on DHD just to add programming. Put it on there because it belongs there.

I saw part of the Blue Angels show and, you're correct, it did look great.

ESPN, better pq, well, what can we complain about now. :::rubbing hands together::: WE WANT OUR DVR!!! :)

The Rickster

wasch_24 said:
Did anyone see the show on DHDT with the Blue Angels Wednesday around 9pm. I don't know the title because the guide was incorreect, but that was probably the best example of HD I have seen to date. Truely smokin'!
Ive seen it 20 times already, please get some new programming discoveryhd!!!!!!!

DarrellP said:
Last night I got my pj hooked up and compared DiscHD between Voom & Dish & for fairness, I used component out on both machines and I could not tell a difference. It was the Jeff Corwin Experience with the snakes and there were some pretty incredible closeups, I could see the tiniest little details sharp as a tack.

See vurbano, I told ya it was true! :)

Next PPV fight: GeneWilder'sHair vs. vurbano. In the dark corner we have the 1080i Professional Engineer. In the light corner we have the Registered Voomer running a meager 720p. Who will win? Pay just one measly $1 to find out and watch these 2 formats fight it out to the DEATH!! Coming to you live daily through the miracle of the Internet. Stay tuned to see who wins.

Sorry, guys, I couldn't resist. My pj is 720p, yeah, I'd love to have a true 1080p machine, but who doesn't? In the meantime, I get a fantastic picture at 110" and that's all that matters to me.

Back to the fight......... OUCH! No hitting below the belt!

SeattleVoomer1, thanks! I'm also watching under beautiful blue skies, it's going to be a great weekend.

DarrellP said:
Next PPV fight: GeneWilder'sHair vs. vurbano. In the dark corner we have the 1080i Professional Engineer. In the light corner we have the Registered Voomer running a meager 720p. Who will win? Pay just one measly $1 to find out and watch these 2 formats fight it out to the DEATH!! Coming to you live daily through the miracle of the Internet. Stay tuned to see who wins.

Sorry, guys, I couldn't resist. My pj is 720p, yeah, I'd love to have a true 1080p machine, but who doesn't? In the meantime, I get a fantastic picture at 110" and that's all that matters to me.

Back to the fight......... OUCH! No hitting below the belt!

SeattleVoomer1, thanks! I'm also watching under beautiful blue skies, it's going to be a great weekend.

Actually there is no real bad blood between me and vurbano. The guy seems like an ok guy. At times a little healthy "discussion" is good for us all. ;)

I had some friends over last night and we settled on watching the Hawaii shows on DHD. I was never more proud of Voom as I was last night. Picture was flawless. My friends were very impressed with Voom and the shows we watched. One is even contemplating an HDTV today and Voom.
See guys, I do praise Voom too when they deserve it! Everyone have a great weekend!

Bob

GeneWildershair said:
Actually there is no real bad blood between me and vurbano. The guy seems like an ok guy. At times a little healthy "discussion" is good for us all. ;)
I realize that, it's all in good fun, that's what I love about this VOOM fourm. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)