Picture quality improving - sparkles diminishing

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Has anyone else noticed that the picture quality of SD channels is improving quite a bit? CNN Headline News (403) has a nearly perfect image now (it was unwatchable as of last week with all the sparkles). VH1 seems a lot better too.

History is still bad, but it looks like some progress is being made!

Jeff

I actually watch National Security today and thought this is as good as SD is going to ever get.

I have been noticing this too. Voom needs to get back to get back to what it used to look like when I first signed up. this is one reason I switched over from local cable to Voom, PQ was great.

Have you guys watched moov I was skimming through that channel and saw mosquito noise EVERYWHERE... it was so horrible I cheered. I put on the same tired old Shirikami mountains and noticed the PQ in HD was better. Maybe my wishes are being answered and their stealing b/w for some of their lesser channels and distributing them to other ones? I hope they dedicate 15Mbps to the Olympic HD feeds that's going to be bigger that the Tyson fight. I have family stopping by all the time to watch the Olympics at my house, they're all psyched to watch it in HD.

Dvlos said:
Have you guys watched moov I was skimming through that channel and saw mosquito noise EVERYWHERE... it was so horrible I cheered. I put on the same tired old Shirikami mountains and noticed the PQ in HD was better. Maybe my wishes are being answered and their stealing b/w for some of their lesser channels and distributing them to other ones? I hope they dedicate 15Mbps to the Olympic HD feeds that's going to be bigger that the Tyson fight. I have family stopping by all the time to watch the Olympics at my house, they're all psyched to watch it in HD.

I agree...Equator seems a little better, with some shows still shimmering like a moon lit lake at 2 am... :p But overall I do believe that Voom has improved the PQ. Most HD channels do seems to have a better PQ. ty V* :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts