Improvement Wish List for Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ilya said:
FYI: Here are the individual names of Cinema10 channels, they way they are currently listed. VOOM is even experimenting with individual logos:
I hope "logos" does not mean "bugs". :mad:

DarrellP said:
I hope "logos" does not mean "bugs". :mad:
So far it doesn't. No bugs on Cinema10. :)

rexoverbey said:
My wish list.
2. Better STB (fix all problems before releasing)

I always find this interesting, being that I came from a Panasonic TuHD whatever it is. The biggest piece of junk on the planet, however, it DID tune in HD. I'm on STB heaven with this box. A couple tweaks (guide MUST jump to current channel number) and I can't think of anything more that it could do...

As far as people talking about a better remote, I'm amazed that you guys don't have universals already.

They need to keep Adding channels in HD and SD. You can forget them reducing Cinema 10 to 5 because their advertizement would be costly.

1) Add more content and name the Cinema 10 Action, Drama, Western, Comedy, etc.
2) Remote to control Audio recievers.
3) Logo opponent for PG
4) Name of at least 3 or 4 Users for fav channels.
5) DVR or Tivo (Tivo the best choice)
6) Ota channel mapping
7) Sports PPV or RSN
8) Transparent or color opponent for PG
9) CC with no black background or choice---And to have CC at bottom of picture only
10) Be able to add new stb without installers
11) A channel to help people with demo operations on how to use and add more equip.
12) Better or more improved stb with No bugs.

pdqbobe said:
5) DVR or Tivo (Tivo the best choice)

12) Better or more improved stb with No bugs.

#5: It's already decided, DVR by Motorola

#12: Frustratingly, it's not likely that it would ever be bug free. I think the best we can hope for is that as they work out firmware issues, there will be less pressure to get the firmware releases out so quickly that they cannot be fully tested. Some of the current problems certainly should have been caught by even cursory testing - but they may have decided not to hold up the release for minor fixes because major bug fixes were driving the schedule. The box is fairly stable with the current (.68) release so maybe they're iteratively testing and fixing it now.

Improvement Wish list

I would like to see Voom add the SciFi Channel.
Does anyone think they will ever do it?
My wike would like one the the shopping channels. I don't think that will happen :no

I hear a lot of folks saying they want Sci FI added, and being someone who hasn't really ever watched that channel...can anyone tell me what's so great about it?

We watch 2 regular shows on the SciFi channel.
Stargate SG1, Andromeda, and sometimes
Trippin the Rift. Lately trippin has been very vulgar - (it is a mindless, sexual oriented cartoon. I am quite surprized at what they can get away with on Trippin.)

The best part of SciFi is the movies, all scifi oriented.
They run movies just about every other day. :yes

Why do they have 2 westerns channels? Also I really don't care to much for the classics either. They need newer movies to compete w/ other movie channels.

rex,

They need newer movies to compete w/ other movie channels.
They can't get new movies. HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc pay billions (over the length of contract) for exclusive rights to all the latest movies. The premium movie packages are priced at $12-$15/mo for a reason.

They can't get new movies

Then they need to get ppv. Or play "newer" movies then what the are playing. I know they own the rights to AMC/TMC and I have seen newer movies on there than what they play now.

I also have to put in my 2cents for the SciFi channel... I was extremely disappointed when I realized that it wasn't there. I didn't notice that in the channel lineup prior to ordering, because it is something that has been included in just about any basic sattleite/cable service for the last 10 years. I hate the idea of having to pay for cable also just to get SciFi, so I will be missing some of my favorite shows... grrr....

I think VOOM also should get rid of the phone line requirement.

They have to get rid of the phone line requirement, hopefully add a internet connection in parallel or 802.11b. I am getting rid of my landline sometime this year. And if they force this they will be going too. I like their service so I would hate for this to happen, but it is happening with all of the DBS systems.

There is a LOT of sattelite system theft out there (not VOOM, as it is harder to get the reciever). All it takes is someone to get a card burned, and they get free everything. This is what VOOM is trying to avoid, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)