Sasquatch04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Great white north
Good day folks,,,

I am having a little bit of a problem setting up the mount,,,,,

My location beeing latitude 46.9 and 71.19 longitude,,,,,

I set my coarse latitude on the mount as per pic # 1 exactly at 46.9 degrees no problem,,,,

As for latitude declination,,there lies my problem,,,,,I understand that the declination I have to apply is 7 degrees,,,therefore 90 - 46.9 = 43.1 // - 7 degrees declination = 36.1 degrees as indicated in pic # 2,,,,,but when I check the elevation on my mount with the protractor or the inclinometer,,,it gives me 42 degrees ?????

Even if i run it all the way to the end of the box as per pic # 3 it gives me 40 degrees elevation ????

Yr input wld be appreciated

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 202
Place your angle meter on top of the polar axis bar (that bar running north/south in pic 1, just to left of where its sitting in the pic) and set your elevation there. Easier to set it all if you have the mount pointing south. Use a compass to set that same polar axis bar to north/south line, and you'll be very close. Measure the declination off the backside of that mounting ring that the dish bolts to.

Tks Turbo and Lak,,,,I put the angle finder on the back of the polar axis bar and the elevation is perfect,,,,46.9 degrees,,,,,but for the declination in the back of the mounting ring,,,,I can get maximum 38 degrees// 2 degrees off,,,with the rail beeing to it's maximum as per below pic,,,,and I should have 36.1 degrees,,,,,

Pls note ,,in the pic the angle finder is on the top,,,but I did as you said,,,placed it in the back of the mounting ring giving me 38 degrees,,,,2 degrees off,,,,,

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 163
Did that and same results,,,,,,,I think I am trying to think too much and my brain feels like like mush right now,,,,will take a break for the night

Will set the main screw of the axis at different positions tomorrow and will see what happens,,,,,

Tks again,,,,,,

Got it,,,Tks Lak and Turbo,,,,,,,guess was trying to think too much last evening,,,,,I ended up changing position to the main screw of the axis ,,,,,took me 2 mins this morning and all fell into place,,,,,,Kinda weird though,,,,The place I got the dish is only abt 150 miles from here and the difference in Latitude is only 1.52 degrees,,,,,,I guess she was set to the maximum,,,,,,,

Cheers,,,,,,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts