Cband Wiring Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skynyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
I just got cable, and will probably keep it for a few months (unless I get tired of paying the bill), so I thought it would be a good time to go ahead and rebuild my FTA setup. Right now everything is kind of strung up, and looks really unprofessional... So I am trying to fix that. So I am just wondering how everything runs their wires to and from their FTA dishes. I am going to move my dishes back on my propetry so that they can see the western arc better over the house and trees, and I would also like to bury the actuator wires and the cables for my C-band and to put my KU band on a pole and bury the wires for my KU dishes. I have some questions.

I bought a 1000 foot roll of coax with the ground connector (Eagle Aspen RG6) last summer. Would this be fine for direct burial?

I've heard good things about using sprinkler wire for the actuator cables.. Has anyone had good/bad luck with burying that underground? I've used el-cheapo speaker wire for a year now above ground, and its been doing the trick so far.

Also, I've heard the pros/cons of using PVC underground.. I was thinking that I would use PVC ends where the wires come out of the ground to protect wrom weed eaters, ect, and just bury the rest. Anyone done anything simular to this in burying your wire?

Thanks

I'm using the sprinkler wire for 3 of my dishes with no problems and as far as using (gray) PVC, as far as I see it's the only safe way to go because it protects from any damage and will help protect from any stray voltage from a lighting strike. And unless the cable is for direct burial, which I question yours is, then that
could be a mistake later down the road. The gray electrical PVC pipe is not that expense, Home Depot has it and the wire.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)