In over my head

Status
Please reply by conversation.

confusednewbee

Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Southern US
Hello everyone, I am about as confused as one person can be. I thought I had done enough research before purchasing my fta receiver but I am discovering that I have probably made a poor choice. I have a Sonicview 8000HD. I purchased this unit because of the dual tuners, HD and PvR capability. I watch local programing with a terrestrial antennae and have my small dish pointed at amc4. My family and I like to watch the History Channel primarily. My wife occasionally watches Bio. The issue I am having is that my unit locks up and prompts me to update the newest sw. I don't know exactly what that is and I cannot get a response from the dealer I purchased from. I cannot get in contact with anyone at sonicview for support either. If this is not the place for this discussion please let me know. I would appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks:(

Welcome to SatelliteGuys. Did you buy the receiver new, or was it previously owned? I don't have a Sonicview, but it may have hacker firmware. In that case you would need to restore the factory firmware. I'm sure that if that is the problem, that there are many here who can help you.

Well newbie, meet newbie 2.
I also have purchased the 8000hd , dish, motor and am still trying to get a quality signal or some sort of life from this thing. So research all you want and take the good advise offered here because guys like us will soon have FTA....I just know it! Heck I can't even get terrestrial and the manual wow!

Well newbie, meet newbie 2.
I also have purchased the 8000hd , dish, motor and am still trying to get a quality signal or some sort of life from this thing. So research all you want and take the good advise offered here because guys like us will soon have FTA....I just know it! Heck I can't even get terrestrial and the manual wow!

Here's a manual as well as the factory firmware

Sonicview USA - Support

The issue I am having is that my unit locks up and prompts me to update the newest sw. I don't know exactly what that is (

sw is short for software. In this case it's also called firmware. See my link in the previous post for sonicviews page with this stuff on it if the other members link didn't already help you.

Let us know how you come out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts