"Included" (free) Equipment for 5 TVs, Dish also charging for equipment for same TVs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AARRGGHHH

Original poster
Nov 19, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dish's website is no help, their "on line chat" is not working, and the rep I just talked to could barely speak English (and could not answer my question).

I have a 5 TV setup, 3 HDTV, 2 SDTV.

HARDWARE: RCVR 211/411 HD SOLO Included
Rcvr 222/222K HD Duo (2TV) Included
HD Duo (2TV) Receiver $14.00
HD Solo Receiver $7.00

1. Since the first three items handle 3 HDTVs and 2 SDTVs (which is exactly what I have), why would I be charged $14.00 + $7.00 for additional equipment?

2. Also, Dish claims that the HD Duo (2TV) box can handle 2 TVs (one HD & one SD), and that the remote controls will work even if the
HD Duo (2TV) box is in a different room. Is this correct?

I'm obviously new to this, thank you for any assistance.

Dish's website is no help, their "on line chat" is not working, and the rep I just talked to could barely speak English (and could not answer my question).

I have a 5 TV setup, 3 HDTV, 2 SDTV.

HARDWARE: RCVR 211/411 HD SOLO Included
HD Duo (2TV) Receiver $14.00
HD Solo Receiver $7.00

1. Since the first three items handle 3 HDTVs and 2 SDTVs (which is exactly what I have), why would I be charged $14.00 + $7.00 for additional equipment?
Because only the primary receiver is included at no charge. Those would be the correct charges for the additional receivers.
2. Also, Dish claims that the HD Duo (2TV) box can handle 2 TVs (one HD & one SD), and that the remote controls will work even if the
HD Duo (2TV) box is in a different room. Is this correct?
Yes, that is correct the TV2 (the SD TV) remote is UHF.
I'm obviously new to this, thank you for any assistance.
>>>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts