Incomplete homepage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I'm seeing this problem at home, but I'm at work running XP with IE8, on a broadband connection that tests at 34MBS up and down. I click my shortcut for SG, and get about 1/3 of the upper page, then wait, and wait, and wait. It is almost like some of the advertising is not completing and it holds up page loading. Also, I'm often being referred to advertisers I never knowingly clicked on. I can't even get to the login so I can avoid some this content. For the first time today I noticed the toolbar option, I'll turn it off, but this situation has been deteriorating for a long time.

I was seeing this as well until I logged in (I needed to change my PW).

Scott: Please investigate.

Can you see whats waiting to load? Its loading fine here.

I have a feeling its a google analytics issue, since that is all that pub members and staff load externally from the homepage.

I'm having a similar problem. I normally launch from an icon on the desktop directly to the Canadian Forum. At that point, I either log in......or not. This has worked fine for me for many months.

For the past 2 weeks, when I use this method, all the ads load, but the portion of the page where the threads should be remains blank. In the lower left of the screem, it says "done". The same thing happens if I use the shortcut and then log in. A refresh does not help.

The only way I can get to the forums is to launch into the home page, and sometimes even that doesn't work.

Using Win XP Pro and IE8. I have not knowingly made any changes to my operating system that may have provoked this problem.

In addition, the "remember me" on the log in does not stick, but that may be a problem on my end as I recently deleted all the cookies on my computer. The timing of the blank screen problem does not coincide with the cookie deletion, though.

Last edited:
If the fix for this is 'sign or' or 'become a pub supporter' i may kill a kitten.

Also is the pictured survey an advertiser or actually collecting data for satguys? If it's not then a 'sponsored content' or something text blurb above that slot may be appropriate, though the placement of most of the ads on the non-signed-in site could probably be reworked quite a bit. Also the iframe or whatever for that slot is too small, most banners are cut off by several pixels along the bottom.

Attachments

• failguys.jpg
    failguys.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 97
I had a heck of a time being able to log in on my desktop. I would get the not logged in advertisements on the home page but nowhere to log on. Running Vista IE8. I logged in on another site, came back and was able to log in. Laptop running XP IE8 I tried that still no joy.

Carol found the problem!!!!!! When going to the home page not logged in with all cookies cleared there is no place to log in. The Black banner "Show Down In The Desert" advertisement once removed everything works as it should. Once all cookies are cleared problem returns.

The black banner towards the top. Get your free .... Sorry about the pic. was in a hurry. Yea for Carol!;) As you can see there is no place to log in. Once clicking on the x on the left of the banner it goes away. Restart browser session go back to SatGuys home page you get the normal log in page. Log in as normal.

Attachments

• 100_3819.JPG
    100_3819.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 103
I do not use any 3rd party add/banner blockers. IE 7,8 blockers are really lame add/banner blockers. FF has a really good one. If we were using FF this would have never been a problem. Maybe that is why it was so hard for Scott to find. hmmm. I have a quad core processor that got maxed out with this crapp........:mad: Should have never been there in the first place....."poof"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)