Inconsistent RF Response

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LouFrac

Original poster
Mar 12, 2016
Rochester
My TV is in a separate room about 25 ft. from my Genie C-31 Mini and I get very inconsistent RF response. Sometimes it works real well and other times I have to point in another direction to get it to work. There are times when it's hard to find a spot where it will work.
I have the Genie with an HR 44 receiver, a C-31 mini, and RC65RX remote. I've heard that the Genie Mini C-41 and C-51 have advanced RF communications so I was thinking of trying. Do you think that would help?

the 41 and 51 clients also require a RC7X remote like the 44 does. if you have anything you can move that is between the remote and the receiver i would try that first. otherwise if you're looking at receivers, a h25 with RF dongle might actually work better.

My TV is in a separate room about 25 ft. from my Genie C-31 Mini and I get very inconsistent RF response. Sometimes it works real well and other times I have to point in another direction to get it to work. There are times when it's hard to find a spot where it will work.
I have the Genie with an HR 44 receiver, a C-31 mini, and RC65RX remote. I've heard that the Genie Mini C-41 and C-51 have advanced RF communications so I was thinking of trying. Do you think that would help?

I have the same problem on both the main genie box and the minis. I will hit a button and it will take 30 seconds or longer to respond. It happens then everything works again. The issue is sporadic, and it started fairly recently.

:welcome2 Welcome to satelliteguys. Check the batteries. replace them for new ones. Do you only have one remote for both your Genie & C31 Mini? Also the RC65 remotes only work in IR with the Genies. As someone pointed out in a previous post, you need the RC7x remotes to operate your genie in RF mode. I am misunderstanding what you mean by saying your TV is 25 ft. away from your C31, are you saying that your TV is connected to your C31 with a 25 ft. HDMI cable? You most definitely need a RC7x remote then if you want to control your C31 in RF mode. You should have one RC7x remote for your HR44 & one RC71x remote for your C31. I'm not trying to be flippant, but if you are using one remote(RC65, which only runs in IR mode anyway for the Genie) to control your HR44 to change the channel for your C31, well I hope that's not what you mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)