Indian Channels gone! IA-6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Looks like Aakaash and South Asian World have gone :(

This has happened before and they came back so keeping my fingers crossed!
I liked these channels A LOT!

Been a bad start to the year for FTA heads! I liked to watch the above channels when I was cooking my Indian meals : ) Some of the music was amazing!

I am sure there will be more channels popping up soon enough!

PSB said:
Looks like Aakaash and South Asian World have gone :(

This has happened before and they came back so keeping my fingers crossed!
I liked these channels A LOT!

Dish has picked up South Asia World. Don't expect it to come back anytime soon. There will probably be a similar fate to the other network.

fta indian channels list

is it worth going fta for indian channels?
is there a complete list of indian fta channels

sindhiguy said:
is it worth going fta for indian channels?
is there a complete list of indian fta channels

Right now there isnt enough to constitute getting FTA just for Indian channels. If you wanted to broaden it and get some English stuff, then its worth it :)

Remember there are some Indo/Pak channels on IA-5 And there are new channels coming and going all the time on that particular satellite! There are a few " Coming Soon" test cards there right now.................We NEED more Indian channels/FTA!

And remember with a FTA system you not only get the channels listed on Lyngsat but you get feeds from around the world, I recently seen a Cricket match I that was coming from India!

carload said:

Contrary to Mr Load's response, a FTA system is always a great idea. You could start small and then expand on. As PSB said, stuff comes and goes all the time and there are new channels coming, so you never know. You could get a basic system and add on as need be. (thats what I did...simple receiver and dish).

Since there are few of us here who would know the Indian language, I would check out Lyngsat to see if there is something on there that you would know is from your homeland. I posted the links above :)

docj2005 said:
I saw the same thing.. i also cant seem to find DR Scott's Univeristy channel .. did it leave also?
Earlier today I scanned IA5 and remember seeing Dr. Scott wearing some weird hat with rose sunglasses. It's still there.

EXACTLY this is the Satelliteguys.US FTA forum, not the ANTI-FTA forum :yes

Over the last year we have had two QUALITY FTA Indian channels, the Indo/Pak channels on IA-5, not to mention all the cricket I have seen from that area of the world!

PipeDream said:
Earlier today I scanned IA5 and remember seeing Dr. Scott wearing some weird hat with rose sunglasses. It's still there.
CORRECTION:
It was IA6 that I saw Dr. Gene Scott on. Not IA5.

Hey, I love FTA. I spend way too much time on it. :) It's great for so many cool things. I recommend it for all sorts of reasons. If you want sports, timeshifted networks, syndicated shows, Chinese programming, Middle Eastern programming, or fun with raw feeds, FTA is the way to go. But none of that is related to the narrow, specific question that was asked. If the universe of your desires consists of programming from India, I can't say that the expense and installation work will yield sufficient payoff.

The pattern for Russian and Indian programming has been that the home country won't subsidize it, and that there are a lot of professionals in the US willing to pay Dish to watch it. I'd love for that to change, but for now it seems unlikely that FTA will be a primary, reliable source for Indian programming.

There are also some Indian programs on Imaginasian now and then.

PipeDream said:
CORRECTION:
It was IA6 that I saw Dr. Gene Scott on. Not IA5.

whew...don't scare me. I thought Doc moved :)

He is a hoot...if you flip throughout the day, you can actually see him age :D:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts