Inexpensive UHF antenna

Well it wont work for everyone. It wouldn't even work for me since I have ABC 7 and CBS 13 on VHF-HI. Therefore I use a much more expensive Winegard HD7694. However there may be some people in a different market that just want to pick up UHF channels or use a second antenna to grab a few UHF channels in a different direction. Maybe even someone who wants an inexpensive antenna to experiment with. That's why I posted it.

I get MCM alerts sent to my e-mail. Today there was another deal on a rooftop UHF antenna. As others have pointed out this antenna is UHF only and wont work on VHF.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-30-2420-/30-2420

However there may be some people in a different market that just want to pick up UHF channels or use a second antenna to grab a few UHF channels in a different direction. Maybe even someone who wants an inexpensive antenna to experiment with. That's why I posted it.
I would hope that nobody is disputing that the antenna is inexpensive.

That said, I believe that any UHF-only antenna suggestion should come with a caveat that VHF of some sort has a good chance of being reality for some (perhaps even a majority) in the not-too-distant future (the FCC projects less than four years) and that an antenna such as this would necessarily be only part of a comprehensive OTA solution. Assuming that the landscape isn't going to change when we're looking down the barrel of the repack is short-sighted. Add the activity associated with a new modulation standard (ASTC 3.0 or other) and it is even more important to think ahead.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Well it wont work for everyone. It wouldn't even work for me since I have ABC 7 and CBS 13 on VHF-HI. Therefore I use a much more expensive Winegard HD7694. However there may be some people in a different market that just want to pick up UHF channels or use a second antenna to grab a few UHF channels in a different direction. Maybe even someone who wants an inexpensive antenna to experiment with. That's why I posted it.

I get MCM alerts sent to my e-mail. Today there was another deal on a rooftop UHF antenna. As others have pointed out this antenna is UHF only and wont work on VHF.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-30-2420-/30-2420
MCM also sells a good VHF-HI antenna. I bought the deep fringe model and it works great on a couple of stations about 75 miles away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using the SatelliteGuys app!

The thing is a higher gain antenna (one with many elements) tends to be very directional, making the aiming of it very critical, and can be a problem if all your signals don't come from the same site, unless you use a rotator.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
You might take a look at jet.com They have a UHF/VHF antenna listed for 79.90.
Free shipping. 15% additional off for new customers on their first 3 orders, so I got one for under $68 delivered. Look under the Televes (Spain) listing for a model 790 at that price. Includes a 32 dB high gain/low noise (claim about 1.0 dB) preamp that is built into the antenna.

Very well built and assembles like a kit from a compact box. Have one situated opposite a Fracarro 6HD for Madison, WI, with the Televes aiming at Cedar Rapids-Waterloo from about 90 miles away with few interruptions. VHF channels 7 and 9 end up with less headroom, because the preamp is tilted for UHF, and I am impressed at performance for the price, and stuck it 35 feet above the ground.
VHF performance may suffer in weak areas, but overall this combo meets all of my requirements.

Reactions: KE4EST
Just found on Ebay an Eagle Aspen DTV2BUHF 2 bay bow tie for $14.99 with free shipping or pick up at your local Best Buy.
I've had 2 of these for about 5 years they even pickup some VHF depending on signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)