Input for Dish on possible VOOM Changes Being Made

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe they hoped after a full night's sleep things would APPEAR better to rested eyes...

Someone hit the nail on the head, it seems like they were making adjustments and just put everything back. Unless a dozen or so of you guys were hallucinating, I'm inclined to believe you really saw changes...

Couldn't they be playing with other parameters than bitrate or resolution? Things like edge enhancement, image smoothing, color, etc.? Some of these could make small changes to the bitrates, not enough to distinguish themselves from typical program to program differences.

So could their present focus be upon fine-tuning the 1280 picture and not upon increasing resolution?

Or am I completely off base here?

PS to Purogamer, if that picture is of your significant other, then all hail to you.

Tom Bombadil said:
Couldn't they be playing with other parameters than bitrate or resolution? Things like edge enhancement, image smoothing, color, etc.? Some of these could make small changes to the bitrates, not enough to distinguish themselves from typical program to program differences.

So could their present focus be upon fine-tuning the 1280 picture and not upon increasing resolution?

Or am I completely off base here?

PS to Purogamer, if that picture is of your significant other, then all hail to you.
I think more likely is that they think the naked eye can't tell teh difference and by jus tsaying they're finetuning it, they're hoping that we will all think we see a clearer picture.

"So could their present focus be upon fine-tuning the 1280 picture and not upon increasing resolution?"

That sounds like a good explanation of what they are doing.

RandallA said:
"So could their present focus be upon fine-tuning the 1280 picture and not upon increasing resolution?"
That sounds like a good explanation of what they are doing.

I bet you got it right. :(

Yeah, I agree.

I don't check the numbers like Gary or Hokie do, so maybe tonight they can post what they are seeing.

SatinKzo said:
Yeah, I agree.
I don't check the numbers like Gary or Hokie do, so maybe tonight they can post what they are seeing.

Gary stayed up all night, but could not see any change in the numbers. Resolution and bit rate are the same as last weekend. :( Bob

I responded to my feedback email and the message came back underliverable. Anyone else who was asked for feeback get their email through?

SatinKzo said:
I responded to my feedback email and the message came back underliverable. Anyone else who was asked for feeback get their email through?

I sent a brief reply last night that I would indeed be sending some feedback today. I also asked for specifics as to what was being adjusted last night so that I could better comment on their efforts. Email made it through, but I have not seen a reply yet.

For those of you who asked for what additional words I received from Dish, here they are:

"You can rest assured that DISH Network is listening to you. We are constantly striving to provide you with the best A/V quality and variety of programming. With fast changing HD technology, we ask that you be patient. We will continue to make efforts to raise the bar for our customers. We are going to make some adjustments tonight; could you kindly email us back tomorrow with some feedback?"

Bob

Bob, I won't ask more than this on your email for feedback as it is different then mine:

Was yours from a person or from the dishquality address? Mine was a second email relating to my initial email about my phone call to them and the VOOM PQ.

SatinKzo said:
Bob, I won't ask more than this on your email for feedback as it is different then mine:
Was yours from a person or from the dishquality address? Mine was a second email relating to my initial email about my phone call to them and the VOOM PQ.

Here is the from address: Audio-Video-Quality <DishQuality@echostar.com>

Gary Murrell said:
No changes to anything Voom on either Sat occured last night, bitrates nor resolution never changed on anything(not even for a short while)
-Gary

12/6/2005 @ 7AM CST Voom still looked the same as last night: not sharp on my 30" LCD

12/6/2005 @ 11:50 AM CST turned Voom back on and it looked great!

Did E* go back to previous higher definition transmission.

"12/6/2005 @ 7AM CST Voom still looked the same as last night: not sharp on my 30" LCD

Did E* go back to previous higher definition transmission."

Are you kidding?

RandallA said:
Maybe someone needs to wake Gary up and maybe he can do his magic and let us know. He was up late last night looking for any changes.

Damn ! - we need to get that guy a pager to put under his pillow.:D

JH1949 said:
12/6/2005 @ 7AM CST Voom still looked the same as last night: not sharp on my 30" LCD
Did E* go back to previous higher definition transmission.

Lighting is different in my rec room during the day, but EQUTR 9471 looks very good now, as well.

Gary!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up, Gary!!!!!!!!!!

I do not see them changing the resolution back to what it was for a while as I earlier thought. Most new subscribers are going to look at the picture and be awed at it. This is just like those that are used to a cadillac and buy a cavalier or someone that has been blind all their life, they dont know what they have missed or missing unless they had the luxery of having it to begin with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)