Input for Dish on possible VOOM Changes Being Made

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it is pixelating now then I do not see how they are going to be able to get away with that. They are going to have to do something. People will demand a refund on their HD receivers and switch providers. Wait until a lot of people turn them in to the attorney general's office for refusing refunds.

Just got home and I see no improvement in PQ on the VOOM channels. Maybe it's just me being over critical. I know some are saying it looks better, but I guess we need to wait for the numbers.

Here I am :D

I will give you guys a quick update before my Wings game at 7:00

There has been ZERO, nada zip changes to any Voom channels on 61.5 or 129

I was also viewing this evening on my 942 to see what my eyes were seeing, I did not see any difference whatsoever

This is not saying that they might have changed so stuff for a short while today while I was asleep, but if they did, they changed everything back to how it has been since the switch to 1280x1080i

Sorry I couldn't have better news :(

-Gary

Hi, im new here, I noticed the changes got pissed and decided to look online if it was just me or if it was everyone that had the terrible changes to the VOOM channels. Then I found this site and I thought "wow, people are really mad." I just fired up my tv and found out that the channels where still in terrible HDlite. I also got the same lame e-mails from dish. I really hope that they get monsters, equator, and animania (i kinda like 2020) back to the HD beauty they once were.

pez419 said:
Hi, im new here, I noticed the changes got pissed and decided to look online if it was just me or if it was everyone that had the terrible changes to the VOOM channels. Then I found this site and I thought "wow, people are really mad." I just fired up my tv and found out that the channels where still in terrible HDlite. I also got the same lame e-mails from dish. I really hope that they get monsters, equator, and animania (i kinda like 2020) back to the HD beauty they once were.
Welcome to Satellite Guys pez419! :welcome
NightRyder

I just got off the phone with a CSR at advanced tech support. Told him of the soft VOOM problem and his reply was that they were aware of the problem and were working on a fix. At least the complaints have drifted down the line to the CSR's.
Let's see what happens!

pez419 said:

Pez...

Nice to see others are seeing the same thing...:wave

JH1949 said:
12/6/2005 @ 7AM CST Voom still looked the same as last night: not sharp on my 30" LCD

12/6/2005 @ 11:50 AM CST turned Voom back on and Lair of the White Worm on right now on CH9481 looks much sharper much clearer than it did yesterday on my TV.

12/6/2005 @ 7:05 PM CST turned Voom back on and sharpness is gone. Back to HDlite on my TV.

I'm showing picture quality problems on the Voom channels and TNTHD. I have a 57" Toshiba Theater Wide television and the 811 HD receiver and the picture over the last few days on the channels I've mentioned have shown what I can only describe as millions of fine dots. Is this the result of this HDLite garbage?

I e-mailed dish again about the crappy VOOM channels and here's what the said:

"Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network.
Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously
improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

We have heard from you as well as many others off the talk forums the
past few days as to everyone's recent dissatisfaction with the VOOM/HD
channels. DISH is most certainly aware of your concerns and have
meetings scheduled over the next few days to discuss this topic. This
will not happen overnight. We ask for your patience while we attack
this
issue.

At DISH Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their
audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being
a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC

Quality Assurance Department

dishquality@echostar.com"

Do you guys think that they are being sincere or just full of crap? Notice the "talk forum" part of the e-mail?

PrjctDestiny said:
I'm showing picture quality problems on the Voom channels and TNTHD. I have a 57" Toshiba Theater Wide television and the 811 HD receiver and the picture over the last few days on the channels I've mentioned have shown what I can only describe as millions of fine dots. Is this the result of this HDLite garbage?

No HD has been touched in the last 8 months or longer, except this past Friday Equator/Monsters/Ultra/Animania were reduced from 1920x1080i to 1280x1080i, that is it, those 4 channels are the ONLY HD on Dish that has been effected

-Gary

I responded to their invitation to get back to them again today. I made no mention of being associated with a "forum" but spoke as a long-term customer who is concerned about image quality.

I'm looking at Gallery right now and it is very noticably fuzzier/softer than before. To my eyes, softer than a top notch 1280x1080 image should be. Disappointing.

I don't see how people can say that they don't see a difference. If watch these channels and there is any kind of quick motion you can visiable see how downrezzed they are compared to before. I just don't see myself paying for this garbage for long. First the content isn't what it should be and second the image isn't what it should be. I would much rather see other HD added if this is the way they will be offering voom to us.

Tom Bombadil said:
I responded to their invitation to get back to them again today. I made no mention of being associated with a "forum" but spoke as a long-term customer who is concerned about image quality.

I responded to mine as well. I told them that whatever they were doing didn't seem to make any difference, and that the program I was watching at the time on Equator looked more like widescreen SD than true HD (which wasn't much of an exaggeration :( )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)