Input Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

20fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
America's Rollercoast
I am looking to see if I can reduce my bill $$ without giving up too much. I am out of contract with 1-HR24 and 2- HR100's and looking for input before I call D* to see about upgrading to the Genie...............if that's what I want to do. By my recording schedules losing 1 recordable receiver would not hurt my needs (6 current sats versus 5 on the Genie) looking to save a little $$. Also looking a what kind of deal I can get on my auto renewal of NFLST. Currently sub to HBO but want to drop that, as the movies are old and we just sub for G.O.T. and Boardwalk Empire. Only current savings we have on our bill is remainder on a 6 month HBO savings. So after all that, I guess I am looking for input on what to expect on an upgrade from my current set up going to the Genie and "slaves" as I'm not familiar on how that works.

All suggestions and inputs welcomed.

Every account is different, call the 'cancellation' department and you will get the best offers for your account. Tell them you are debating between upgrading to the Genie or getting the Dish Hopper with the lower new customer prices.

I am looking to see if I can reduce my bill $$ without giving up too much. I am out of contract with 1-HR24 and 2- HR100's and looking for input before I call D* to see about upgrading to the Genie...............if that's what I want to do. By my recording schedules losing 1 recordable receiver would not hurt my needs (6 current sats versus 5 on the Genie) looking to save a little $$. Also looking a what kind of deal I can get on my auto renewal of NFLST. Currently sub to HBO but want to drop that, as the movies are old and we just sub for G.O.T. and Boardwalk Empire. Only current savings we have on our bill is remainder on a 6 month HBO savings. So after all that, I guess I am looking for input on what to expect on an upgrade from my current set up going to the Genie and "slaves" as I'm not familiar on how that works.

All suggestions and inputs welcomed.

How many TV's are you dealing with, instead of getting the minis that work off the Genie, you already have HR24.
I would keep the hr24 along with the Genie and give up the other HR you mentioned.
This way, you have 5 tuners with the Genie and 2 on the 24. Instead of losing a tuner (remember, the minis work off the Genie) you would actually gain a tuner.

The mini genies or "slaves" cost $6 a month, same as a receiver, so theres no savings there. The only real savings are through credit offers or through reducing your base package, getting rid of movie channels (like HBO, which happens to be the most expensive one) or getting rid of extra receivers. Do what JcRandall suggested.. The CRG group can offer you the best deals.

How many TV's are you dealing with, instead of getting the minis that work off the Genie, you already have HR24.
I would keep the hr24 along with the Genie and give up the other HR you mentioned.
This way, you have 5 tuners with the Genie and 2 on the 24. Instead of losing a tuner (remember, the minis work off the Genie) you would actually gain a tuner.
I second this. You don't give up anything by upgrading to a Genie, unless you downgrade your other receivers. Simply trade in the HR100's (didn't know there was such a thing) to a Genie and gain three more tuners and a lot more recording space.

Just hit cancel and go to retention. Ive read many times on here that people have gotten some decent deals. Its worth trying out.

I have the HR-24 and 2 other TV's with HR-100's (sorry incomplete info originally). Not seeing how I could save on additional tuner fees.

The mini genies or "slaves" cost $6 a month, same as a receiver, so theres no savings there. The only real savings are through credit offers or through reducing your base package, getting rid of movie channels (like HBO, which happens to be the most expensive one) or getting rid of extra receivers. Do what JcRandall suggested.. The CRG group can offer you the best deals.

Looks like best choice is to call retention and see what they offer as far as credits (we all knew this). Just wasn't sure how the genie worked for a total of 3 TV's.

No savings for you if you trade in your HR-24 or your HR-100's for the clients. But you will give up tuners and extra recording space.

Guess we can't always get it all :) will report what I end up going with after the call is made, most likely before the weekend.

Good luck !

Made the call today to see what I could workout on my account. Ended up taking the offer on NFLST for 6 x $29.99 with free upgrade to MAX, $10 off for 6 months on DVR service and another $5.00 off for 6 months on HBO. No where near what others are getting but decent. Ended up keeping HBO due to CR told me Boardwalk Empire starts in September. Also got the FREE Genie upgrade and will replace one of my HR21-100's, going from total of 6 tuners to 9 with no increase in monthly payment. Same as others, I also experienced only a single "cancel" opportunity on call and then going direct to cr.

Made the call today to see what I could workout on my account. Ended up taking the offer on NFLST for 6 x $29.99 with free upgrade to MAX, $10 off for 6 months on DVR service and another $5.00 off for 6 months on HBO. No where near what others are getting but decent. Ended up keeping HBO due to CR told me Boardwalk Empire starts in September. Also got the FREE Genie upgrade and will replace one of my HR21-100's, going from total of 6 tuners to 9 with no increase in monthly payment. Same as others, I also experienced only a single "cancel" opportunity on call and then going direct to cr.

You did alot better than me when I was looking for the ST .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)