[install] Dish install - confused about home many RG6 Coax lines to run (Single VIP 612)

BRENTH560

Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
United States
Hello all! New user to the forums. I did search for an answer but could not come up with anything. Please direct me if this has already discussed.

I have a Dish 1000.2 that I want to use with a VIP 612 receiver. This is the only receiver I will be using. After reviewing the dish install manual it shows 4 coax cables coming off the dish and going to the receiver. My receiver has 2 satellite connections on the back. I also received a splitter with my receiver. I have read a few threads that state to only run one wire from the dish to the receiver. My understanding is that I would need to only run a single coax from the first port on the dish 1000.2 (119) to the separator then connect the 2 coax from the separator to the receiver.. Can someone please tell me if this is correct?

Thanks in advance,
Brent

Last edited:
A dish 1000.2 (which should be using DishProPlus lnb's, you should see the DPP local on the lnb's) should only need one coax from dish to a 612 and using the DPP Separator (that thing that looks like a splitter that came with your receiver) to feed the two sat inputs on the back of the receiver. If for some reason the lnb is not DPP, then you would need two lines run, one for each tuner input.

Thanks for the response garys.

The dish 1000.2 I have is DPPlus Triple LNBF. Does it matter which one of the coax connections on the dish 1000.2 to connect the single coax (119,110,129,LNB In)?

All you need is one coax for the 612 but in the future you might want additional so run 1 or 2 extras just to cover future needs, they would only need to be run to the ground block in most cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts