Install for 2 hoppers

sca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
cookieland!
Quick questions on multiple hoppers. Does it matter how the joeys are wired? how do you determine which hoppers control which joeys? And, in what order do you install/activate?
thanks.

Do the Hoppers one at a time then activate all. Then after both Hoppers are receiving programming do the Joeys one at a time.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes and it must be done in that exact order. Do not connect any Joeys until the Hoppers have Live TV. The linking of the Joeys and Hoppers is done in software. The only time when Joey wiring would matter would be if isolators were to be used. Connect the three sat feeds to the Duo Node, connect the Hoppers to the Host ports on the Duo Node, connect the Joeys to the Client ports. If you are using more than 2 Joeys then you can either use splitters on the Client port or taps on the Host port. As for installing isolators, they go on the Host ports of the Duo node. All Joeys will share an isolator with their respective Hopper. Hopper is Host, Joey is Client. It's pretty simple, really. No harder than any other DPP install except for maybe the 3GHz RG6 that is required between the Node and each Hopper. Joeys can use RG59 but personally I would replace the RG59 if possible.

Forgot to mention, do NOT attempt to install any Joeys until the Hopper shows a client ID. (Blue, tests, counters)

i guess my confusion comes from the fact that i need a client id for joeys on the hopper. so...both hoppers will have the client ids and i can then choose which to link with?
thanks for the good answers!

i guess my confusion comes from the fact that i need a client id for joeys on the hopper. so...both hoppers will have the client ids and i can then choose which to link with?

Correct. And remember, do the Joeys one at a time or bad things may happen. This is only a first time thing with the Joeys. I've had power outages and resets since the system was installed and have had no problems. During initial install my guy powered up both Joeys at the same time and, as a result, they were both returned, because they got into an irrecoverable state.

Use Blue - Whole-Home to link the Joeys to their respective Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts