Install question

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
I know this is the VOOM forum but i figured more people hang out here and would be able to answer my question faster. Can the mast for my voom dish be used (hypothetically of course) as the mast for a D* phase III dish? Meaning, can i simply remove the lnb and reflector and Mount a D* phase III reflector and LNB on the same mast? Thanks

Yes you can do that. However, when you do be careful, you could lose up to 20 or more HD channels.

Good Luck!

devildogg said:
Yes you can do that. However, when you do be careful, you could lose up to 20 or more HD channels.

Good Luck!

I could loose them, but then, this is only a hypothetical question.

are we sure that this can be done? It sure sounds like a great way to avoid some extra work, but is it safe? sturdy? and most of all functional?

They all use the same mast. When I had Voom installed, the installer just took off the Directv dish and replaced with the Voom dish. It should not be a problem going the other way.

Regards

bbqman said:
Not really.:rolleyes:

OK no not really...I just gotta have my NY Giants fix in Chicago......love the city but the Bears are not my team. Reciever and Dish are on the way. Besides I don't watch any of the Voom exclusives at this point so I don't know why I pay for them.

Seanb61 said:
Can the mast for my voom dish be used (hypothetically of course) as the mast for a D* phase III dish? Meaning, can i simply remove the lnb and reflector and Mount a D* phase III reflector and LNB on the same mast? Thanks
Don't try it. The VOOM mast has a security device that protects against any other reflector from D* or E*. Upon activation, it will signal Rainbow 1 to fire a laser beam that will burn your house :eek: :shocked

Walter L. said:
Don't try it. The VOOM mast has a security device that protects against any other reflector from D* or E*. Upon activation, it will signal Rainbow 1 to fire a laser beam that will burn your house :eek: :shocked
Don't forget the swarm of killer bees they install in the mast as well...dude I wouldn't touch the thing if you value life...

Walter L. said:

SWEET! I'LL MAKE SURE TO USE THE STB TO TRY AND DEFLECT THAT LASER. PERHAPS IT'LL BE GOOD FOR SOMETHING! LOL VOOM WAS GOOD TO ME BUT THE BILLING ISSUE IS A PAIN IN MY ASS!

Seanb61 said:
SWEET! I'LL MAKE SURE TO USE THE STB TO TRY AND DEFLECT THAT LASER. PERHAPS IT'LL BE GOOD FOR SOMETHING! LOL VOOM WAS GOOD TO ME BUT THE BILLING ISSUE IS A PAIN IN MY ASS!
Sean, use Charmin, it's much softer than your Voom bill. :D

DarrellP said:
Sean, use Charmin, it's much softer than your Voom bill. :D

Yah i'll do that. I'll also remember not to use the voom flyers that i am sure will come in the mail when i cancel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)