install question

MonkeyManMur

Original poster
Feb 9, 2019
l0s1j0
I have a 1000.2 with the ea hybrid lnb. wally reciever . I was told I could connect directly to lnb . I have done this but am only getting 61.5 How do I get 72? do I need a duo hub or ?????????

I have a 1000.2 with the ea hybrid lnb. wally reciever . I was told I could connect directly to lnb . I have done this but am only getting 61.5 How do I get 72? do I need a duo hub or ?????????

The switch is built in the dish. Run a check switch. If that still shows you're only receiving 61.5, then re-aim your dish.

Reactions: TheKrell
Ok I have tried to re aim dish , I'm now getting a very strong signal but when ever i run test only 61.5 shows up

. I tried covering the right lnbf and aiming at 72 and still only 61.5 shows on test ...Im very confused . I should be able to get both as they are los with nothing in the way . the mast is vertical. I tried the aim at 61 and move it right 10 degrees and still nothing

Ok I have tried to re aim dish , I'm now getting a very strong signal but when ever i run test only 61.5 shows up

. I tried covering the right lnbf and aiming at 72 and still only 61.5 shows on test ...Im very confused . I should be able to get both as they are los with nothing in the way . the mast is vertical. I tried the aim at 61 and move it right 10 degrees and still nothing
Do you have the skew set properly, or is the reflector still set to 90°?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just noticed you said you moved the dish to the right. If you're standing behind the dish, and only getting the 72, you'll need to swing the dish to your left..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Try setting your skew at 40 and using 181 as your starting magnetic azimuth using the mount side plates as the reference, not the arm. The starting elevation should be about 83. And make sure your mount is dead level of course.

Try setting your skew at 40 and using 181 as your starting magnetic azimuth using the mount side plates as the reference, not the arm. The starting elevation should be about 83. And make sure your mount is dead level of course.
Why would he set the skew if it calls for it t be at 80? I'd try raising it a notch at a time and then lowering it a notch at a time, with in 2-3 notches of 40 Elevation

I believe NYDutch hit it dead on when he said to make sure that the mount is dead level..I've been guilty a few times myself for having alignment problems because the tripod for the RV wasn't level

Reactions: NYDutch
i measured my mast with a digital inclinometer i was at most .9 off vertical
i will start at 40 and decrease 1-2 degrees at a time ,what about skew?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts