Installatin Guides / Rough Install questions

pitterpat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Indy
I am new to this forum, I have been registered for some time but don't ever remember posting on this site. I've got questions about installation guides and rough installation. Are there installation guides on this forum because I see reference to them in some posts. Also, I will be doing my own rough wiring of my house for a Dish install (that's why the installation guide questions) and am wondering if the Dish forum is the best place to post my questions about my rough wiring for a Dish install.

Thanks in advance,
Pat

Yeah, I'd say the Dish part of the forum would be a good place to ask. I personally prefer to do all the wall-fishing myself (to avoid the expense of having a pro do it), and I don't want holes drilled from the exterior of my house, and I really hate having thick black cable draped all over the house (as it had when I moved in). When I my installer arrived, I handed him 3 grey cables to avoid the ugly black. I also had the entire house wired as I wanted already. Normal RG6 should work, unless you're thinking of the Hopper in which case the Hopper side of the node must be RG6 swept to 3GHz.

Yeah, I'd say the Dish part of the forum would be a good place to ask. I personally prefer to do all the wall-fishing myself (to avoid the expense of having a pro do it), and I don't want holes drilled from the exterior of my house, and I really hate having thick black cable draped all over the house (as it had when I moved in).

I agree with that, I now have some cable wires strung around my house...but right now I just use OTA. My house was built in 56 and it has an open ceiling in the basement, I am getting ready to make some upgrades and want to drill all the holes through my joists at one time to do all of my rough wiring - electrical, plumbing and cable wires. I know that the cable and electrical wires can not use the same holes so I will have 3 sets of hole to drill.