Media General Stations Removed from DISH, Agreement Reached

Their FAQ is laughable.

"We understand that companies like DISH Network pay substantial fees per month for the right to carry ESPN, TNT, Disney Channel, and others. These channels have NO local programming, NO local employees, NO local investments, and little to no audience, all unlike WNCT."

Because no one watches ESPN, TNT, or the Disney Channel.

Their FAQ is laughable.

"We understand that companies like DISH Network pay substantial fees per month for the right to carry ESPN, TNT, Disney Channel, and others. These channels have NO local programming, NO local employees, NO local investments, and little to no audience, all unlike WNCT."

Because no one watches ESPN, TNT, or the Disney Channel.

LOL!

Also can a mod update the title to make it known it's a dispute with Media General?

They own my local CBS channel WJHL here in Johnson City, Tennessee. They are scrolling at the bottom of the screen dontdropwjhl.com.

Last edited:
?Media General warns Dish Network customers of potential blackout • 2:20 PM

• Media General (MEG +3%) warns customers of Dish Network (DISH +0.8%) that they will lose access to 17 stations in 16 different markets unless Dish works out a new contract for retransmission fees.
  • A contract extension between the two firms expires on September 30.
  • Analysts have begun to think Dish's Charlie Ergen is ready to play hardball with broadcasters. (Related: Dish vs. Disney)

Well,they just worked out a deal with Raycom Media,looks like whatever the deal is with Raycom,would be a fair deal for Media.Either way,hate to see any subs lose channels,but I still applaud Charlie for standing up to these greedy broadcasters.

My local NBC Channel (WCMH-Columbus OH) is part of this dispute. They have scrolls across the bottom of the screen warning of the September 3oth deadline. I sure hope the sides work this out

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ugh, my local NBC is affected by this... Hope it doesn't end up like the Raycom dispute which made me lose my local FOX for several days. I do have OTA but I would prefer not to lose the sat feed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Dish uplinked a channel close to my CBS (and CW affiliate) that's affected by this that has a slate that reads:

Media General is threatening to block access to one of your local channels.

Media General is demanding we pay five times more than what we currently pay for these channels.

At DISH, we believe the customer should always come first. That's why we work hard to bring you the best programming at a fair price. Learn more about our commitment to you at DISHValuePledge.com.

Our local cbs is affected. Many folks are fuming over this. I see a golden opportunity to make a bunch of Directv sales.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)