installation at rv help

ncrver

Original poster
May 18, 2011
nc
I have a dish 500 satellite dish and a vip211reciever the reciever is hd the 500 dish i'm pretty sure is not hd there is not an hd tv at the camper so hd isnt needed. Could some one give me the step by step to setup the system i know how to physically in stall the dish and run the cable and connect the reciever but if someone could give me the steps i need to go thru thru the reciver to align and set to begin watching tv thanks.

Start with the ZIP code of your current location. On the remote enter 6-1-1. enter ZIP, Dish500, 119. That gives you the skew, azimuth, and elevation. Run "Check Switch" to clear receiver. Aim dish. when you aquire sats and get a lock run check switch again and you should be good to go.

Start with the ZIP code of your current location. On the remote enter 6-1-1. enter ZIP, Dish500, 119. That gives you the skew, azimuth, and elevation. Run "Check Switch" to clear receiver. Aim dish. when you aquire sats and get a lock run check switch again and you should be good to go.
Ok i followed those steps the satellite input screen says
stellite 1- conn trans x, device twin, satellite 2 - conn trans x device twin
status reception error
swtich dpp twin
then on the point dish screen it jumps back to satellite 72 and even when i change it no matter where i move it i get a signal strength of 0 what could be the problem. it has the 2 cables coming out of dish and we have one connected that comes in the house to the reciever

it briefly hit on echostar 77 west but said wrongsat- eschostar 77 we have turned it very slow waited for the receiver to catch up but nothing not sat signal

DISH 500 is for satellites 110 & 119 you are looking about 90 degrees off for that dish. Go to menu 6-1-3 and run a check switch with nothing connected that will clear the switch matrix so the 211 can see 110 & 119.

OK, I looked at your profile, and found that you are in NC. I am in CT, and for me at my zip, and 119/110 I am at 247deg azimuth with 26deg elevation, and cannot remember the skew. With the 500 dish there is an elevation point on the dish itself. I found that, that is so close, I did not have to move it..... I set the skew by what was called for on the chart. Then with the box turned off, and connected threw the wingard meter I purchased at the RV store I run the azimuth using the meter until I cannot get it to go any higher..... I ran the setup the whole process took about 15 minutes. The way I get the azimuth for rough in is to aim a compass. Then I have a stick with a string on it. I set the end on the ground then move the string end until I have it aligned with the azimuth called for..... I set the tripod over the stick level it then turn the dish to align 90 degrees to the stick. At that time I hook up my meter to go for high needle reading..... You have to keep lowering the adjusting know until you get the highest reading. Then I use a splice coupler to replace the meter. I have not set mine up at a camp site yet, I have only done it twice in my yard, using 2 different locations to aim my portable dish............ Good Luck hope this helps.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts