Installation equipment

Scott921

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Rio Grande valley, Texas
hello,
Is the Sat Buddy 2 the best finder/aligner For Starband (Telstar 7 @ 129°) and Direct tv?
Is the Birdog still the best around? If so, have the prices come down to make them affordable?

I'm a volunteer trying to realign a couple Starband systems and TV systems for orphanages (with no money) in Mexico and South Texas.

I set up these systems 5 or 6 years ago (when the only modem was the 180, but I have not taken the tests to upgrade my certification. Nor do I want to - I'm 70 years old and don't really want a job that requires climbing around, lifting and just generally working hard :), but there is no one else around who will help these kids out without charging an arm and leg. I have upgraded the modems over the years to Novas, but now Starband wants to change sats and thus the alignment.

The Direct TV dishes are for the staff office and visitor dorms to keep up with current US news since they are way back in the mountains, several miles from a city of significant size. I don't anticipate any problems re-locating those dishes, but it would no doubt simplify the installation.

I would like to get some piece of equipment which would let me set the optimum alignment on the receive and transmit signals. I also remember about polarity settings and cross pol aI would like to get some piece of equipment which would let me check alignment on receive and transmit quality signal. also, what about cross pol and all the other technicals we use to have to call in to verify. Is that info now field checkable or do you still have to call. Calling is a problem, because 800 #s don't work from Mexico.nd all the other technicals we used to have to call in to verify. Is that info now field checkable or do you still have to call.

Calling is a problem, because we only have cell phones and 800 #s don't work from Mexico. There are ways around the 800 # restriction, but it, too, is very costly.

Can anyone help me with some info on the best inexpesive meter available for the above outlined use?

Thank you for your consideration,
Scott Carroll

hello,
Can anyone help me with some info on the best inexpesive meter available for the above outlined use?

Thank you for your consideration,
Scott Carroll

Scott,

Maxpeak just reduced their prices. It is now $199 retail:

MaxpeakTM SAM is a battery powered hand held satellite alignment meter. It powers the LNB and is preprogrammed from the web via built in USB interface. The intuitive user interface, controlled by a unique touch wheel, guarantees efficient operation,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts