Installation question

the_rook

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
South San Francisco
so i am moving out and my parents want to return their box and get my feed that was part of the dual tuner.. how do i go about to rewire it to their room.. is it as simple as switching wires or is it more complex than that.. dish wants to charge me 100 bucks to do that!

It sounds like the OP is trying to re-route what used to be their feed to another TV in the folk's home.

It would appear to be an obvious cable running issue.

So i have the dual tuner dvr upstairs ( tv room & my room 2nd floor), a hd reciever in the family room first floor, and i have a single reciever in my parents room first floor... now that i am moving out they want to turn in their single reciever in their room and get my feed into their room.. my room is the second floor and their room is on the bottom floor. the dvr is a duodvr 625, the hd reciever is DuoVIP 222k and the single sd reciever is the solo 311 which is going to be returned to dish network... i dont know what type of dishes they are but i got them 5 yrs ago... I would assume i would be a simple wire switch.. hopefully this makes it clearer for you guys.

So i have the dual tuner dvr upstairs ( tv room & my room 2nd floor), a hd reciever in the family room first floor, and i have a single reciever in my parents room first floor... now that i am moving out they want to turn in their single reciever in their room and get my feed into their room.. my room is the second floor and their room is on the bottom floor. the dvr is a duodvr 625, the hd reciever is DuoVIP 222k and the single sd reciever is the solo 311 which is going to be returned to dish network... i dont know what type of dishes they are but i got them 5 yrs ago... I would assume i would be a simple wire switch.. hopefully this makes it clearer for you guys.

sounds like you have a 1000.2 dish

family room / nothing

tv room / your bedroom

their room (getting RA'd)

first I would ask the question.. why didn't you get rid of the 311 when you got the 222k? .. since the 222k is duo

second.. yes it is very easy to do.. you just need to swap the old tv2 line with the line that was running to the 311.

unplug the 311 line from the lnbf and then connect it to the VHF/UHF port on the diplexer which should be close to the dish.

this will leave you with the 625 (tv1 upstairs tv room & tv2 parents room) and the 222k (tv1 only hd downstairs family room) 311 out of system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)