Installation questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

powerhouse1960

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
indiana
I know a lot of this has been covered in other threads but I hope someone will be willing to give me some specific advice.

MY current set up is one line from ground block( see picture ) to TV 1 2012-06-25 17.41.51.jpg

And one line from ground block to TV 2 each feed a 722 dish dvr.
The analog output from both dvr go to a combine at TV 1 also a ota lead into the combiner It feed a splitter that feeds 3 TV and the two dvrs .

Will be moving to a hr34 and two hr24 one at each TV locations. House is on a crawl space that you must crawl.
Now for the part I need input on.
Option one
get a box of rg6 solid copper and run 4 leads in to the three tv and one for the power supply then have the installer mount the 16 swm outside put the ends on and install the new dish . This might be the best option but I would incur the cost of the cable plus the cost of paying someone to run it.

Option two is just let the installed show up and see what he can do will they crawl?
Can they use the two dish lines and only run one more?
I would prefer to leave my internal cable in place to deliver ota to all three TV

thanks

Attachments

• 2012-06-25 17.41.44.jpg
    2012-06-25 17.41.44.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
Other will add to this but here are a few things,

IF you can designate a spot with good access to the crawl space entrance...near the electric bond....near the dish location....and with some way to power the power inserter (PI) that would be good. If you can get the multiswitch out of the weather and inside the structure that is good.

The OTA system can be left intact and the installer will supply new cable.

Crawl spaces go with the job but at some point (like below 18" clearance) it is just part of the job to wrap the building and drill the walls.

Can't be more specific without a floor plan & site survey.

I would let the installer work and then see what it takes to get what you want. All the extra TV s are not part of the basc FREE installation so you get to negotiate that one.

Joe

I'd just recomend talking it over with the installer before they start, doesn't sound like anything beyond what they deal with on a daily basis.

I know a lot of this has been covered in other threads but I hope someone will be willing to give me some specific advice.

MY current set up is one line from ground block( see picture ) to TV 1View attachment 78342

And one line from ground block to TV 2 each feed a 722 dish dvr.
The analog output from both dvr go to a combine at TV 1 also a ota lead into the combiner It feed a splitter that feeds 3 TV and the two dvrs .

Will be moving to a hr34 and two hr24 one at each TV locations. House is on a crawl space that you must crawl.
Now for the part I need input on.
Option one
get a box of rg6 solid copper and run 4 leads in to the three tv and one for the power supply then have the installer mount the 16 swm outside put the ends on and install the new dish . This might be the best option but I would incur the cost of the cable plus the cost of paying someone to run it.

Option two is just let the installed show up and see what he can do will they crawl?
Can they use the two dish lines and only run one more?
I would prefer to leave my internal cable in place to deliver ota to all three TV

thanks

JUST NOTICED SOMETHING ELSE,

Have the installer move that ground block up! It is to close to the ground. While it looks like neat work snow and weed eaters could wreck it. Even wandering rats and squirrels might snack on the service loop. And have the tech open the fittings to inspect for corrosion & burn back; maybe just cut new ones in.

Small issue but now is the time to check it.

Joe

I'd let the installer do their thing and you work around it. All elements of your OTA/modulated distribution system must be completely separate and apart from the DIRECTV system.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the DIRECTV equipment has no "analog output" to backfeed to your RF system (and even if you added RF modulators, the HD GUI will haunt you).

You might be able to use one of the existing cables to pull new ones if needed.
Pull four lines from dish to a central location for the SWM16 (needed because you need 9 tuners).
Then distribute to the DVRs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts