Installation reschedule question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markfp-1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I was scheduled to have a dish upgrade today so I can go HD. I already have the receivers, just need a new dish. Yesterday I got a call from the installer (Halstead) who said they would have to reschedule for next week. She went on to say said that DirecTV had overbooked 60 installations for today in this area. Now I can understand booking a few extra to cover any last minute customer cancellations, but 60 seemed a lot to me.

It's not a big deal for me to wait until next week but it got me curious. Does that sound like something that would actually happen or are they just giving me an excuse. If it is a common thing, wouldn't the installation company be able to tell DirecTV that they're full up and not accept any more for a specific day?

While I do not represent Directv I have, as an installer, watched what you are experiencing and have seen how it happens.

BEST SPIN = Nobody can predict the success of various marketing plans and sometimes public acceptance requires enhanced personnel acquisition and equipment logistics adjustments to cope with demand.

TRANSLATION = Eventually all techs notice their checks are incorrect enough that they quit. New techs take longer to do simple stuff. Local managers are quick to apply charge backs for trivial matters but slow to report a lack of personnel.

What will happen is installers from other areas may show up to work down the back load. Those still willing to work will be told to work longer days and work week ends. Would you accept an installation on Christmas day? That also happens.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)