2 Weeks until install ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kllian

Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Atlanta
I signed up with d* today after finally giving up with Comcast's TV service.

I spoke with a customer service agent with directv last night and they told me the install normally happens 24-72 hours after placing the order. I live in NW Atlanta, maybe 25 minutes outside of the city so it's not like I'm out in the woods. Anyways, after placing the order (and used my friend for a referral) It says the soonest install time will be 2 weeks ! Is this normal and if I cancel my order and place the order through best buy, would I be able to get the service any sooner?

I'm getting 2 HD DVR's and a HD Receiver. I'm going to make sure I get the HR-24's otherwise I'll decline the install and try again.

SATCOM
9605 LOBLOLLY LN
ROSWELL, GA 30075
(770) 641-6251

I'll be calling them tomorrow morning to see what they will be able to do. Will they have ability to setup my account with the same discounts I'm getting by going directly through directv.com?

I have also found that once you get your order in you can create you online account at DirecTV (even tho you aren't yet a customer) and look at the install calendar for your area and check for cancellations which will open up earlier slots for you to move into. Your area likely doesn't have enough contact workers to handle the load for your region.

If this isn't accessible any more please let me know. Thanks

You have hit DirecTV on the busiest time of the year, the Sunday Ticket deal drives a lot of new subs I have heard before of big delays around August and Sept when it comes to installs. Plus, there have been some reports that equipment is in short supply.

After you call the local and setup an install (yes you will get the same rebates and discounts) you will need to call Direct and cancel the original order.
The local dealer will be able to tell you what receivers they have in stock. Your install date will be a lot earlier as my original install date through Direct was a month away. Went local got the receivers I wanted and could have had a next day install if I wanted.

These are some good replies but the OP's results may vary. No one can guarantee the OP that if they go thru a local dealer the install date will be much sooner.

johns70 said:
These are some good replies but the OP's results may vary. No one can guarantee the OP that if they go thru a local dealer the install date will be much sooner.

I don't think no one here guaranteed the OP an early install date. I would say his chances are better than average.
No harm to call a local dealer to see what he can do. No reason to cancel the original order BEFORE you talk to the dealer.

You have hit DirecTV on the busiest time of the year, the Sunday Ticket deal drives a lot of new subs I have heard before of big delays around August and Sept when it comes to installs. Plus, there have been some reports that equipment is in short supply.

Sum Random Dork has it right. Whenever Directv launches the NFL Sunday TIcket promo they really get busy. When I signed up two years ago it took three weeks for me and I signed up in October. At the time for me it didn't matter who I called they are told me the same date or later.

In the end it doesn't hurt to call. However, if you cancel and then call to schedule you may get a date even further out.

SATCOM
9605 LOBLOLLY LN
ROSWELL, GA 30075
(770) 641-6251

I'll be calling them tomorrow morning to see what they will be able to do.
Will they have ability to setup my account with the same discounts I'm getting by going directly through directv.com?

There should be no difference :up

an update for this thread. I called eric at Satcom and he said they could do a friday install and had all the equipment I wanted. he called back an hour later and said they could come out this afternoon and get everything setup! thanks for the tip on calling a local installer.

an update for this thread. I called eric at Satcom and he said they could do a friday install and had all the equipment I wanted. he called back an hour later and said they could come out this afternoon and get everything setup! thanks for the tip on calling a local installer.

So your up and running, how do you like it so far ?

just got it up and running about 30 minutes ago. Had to do a software update (press red button + 02468) to have the MRV show up. Doing the MRV via the coax, no network needed. i can say that i miss the clock on the receiver lol but thats not a big deal.

Get a small digital clock and put it on your console. Works for me.:)

yup, just what I was thinking. anyone know if its possible to program a button on the remove to do a 30 second skip? i was able to reprogram the comcast remote with 30 sec skip and 15 sec go back and I never touched the fastforward or rewind again.

just noticed something very bad. tearing. i have an onkyo txnr807 receiver and I have the hr-24 hdmi -> onkyo -> hdmi to samsung 63" DLP. just noticed it for a few seconds while watching a sitcom. sometimes the xbox360 does this but thats with a lot of stuff on the screen changing like in modern warfare 2. has anyone else experienced this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)