Remote Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fightfan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Parts unknown
When my remote is set to the DTV sign and I press power the receiver comes on but not the TV. I have to slide the switch to the right below the word tv and press power to turn the tv on. Isn't the remote supposed to turn on both the receiver and box at the same time when the swith is all the way to the left under the DTV sign?

probably 1 out of 20 times it will work correctly and turn both the tv and receiver on at the same time. When I set up the tv code I choose the correct tv model but it doesn't work properly, I have to choose the "I don't know the model" choice and then all the tv functions work but still don't get the tv and receiver to turn on at the same time.

Are you using the "power" button or the "on" and "off" buttons?

The power button only turns on or off whichever side the mode switch is turned to.

The on and off buttons on the top right hand side of the remote turn the tv & receiver on or off together. Not all tv's are programmed to work with these buttons though so that may be an issue also.

When my remote is set to the DTV sign and I press power the receiver comes on but not the TV. I have to slide the switch to the right below the word tv and press power to turn the tv on. Isn't the remote supposed to turn on both the receiver and box at the same time when the swith is all the way to the left under the DTV sign?

probably 1 out of 20 times it will work correctly and turn both the tv and receiver on at the same time. When I set up the tv code I choose the correct tv model but it doesn't work properly, I have to choose the "I don't know the model" choice and then all the tv functions work but still don't get the tv and receiver to turn on at the same time.

I have the same problem. I can turn off the box and the TV at night using the DirecTV & TV power button but only the box will turn on in the morning and I have to use TV remote to turn TV on. But this only happens in the livingroom with my Philips TV, the bedroom has a Sony and the buttons work fine. :confused:

I originally had a HR24/100 but it died and was replaced with a HR24/500. I switched remotes and the new one does the same thing.

Try holding the the On/Off button slightly longer.
I have had this happen before also, I hold the button a slight bit longer and it works great.

Try holding the the On/Off button slightly longer.
I have had this happen before also, I hold the button a slight bit longer and it works great.

That doesn't work for me but I found a workaround...

If I power on sat box with PWR button first then use Box/TV power button to turn on TV it comes on every time.

I had a similar issue. My TV had a firmware update and fixed the issues I had with the remote and the HDMI handshake. Might be worth checking out.

I had a similar issue. My TV had a firmware update and fixed the issues I had with the remote and the HDMI handshake. Might be worth checking out.

My TV is 3 1/2 years old; they haven't done a firmware update since February 2008.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)