Installation Survey Calls taking Place!

Mr. Biggles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2004
I just recieved a call from an outfit (caller ID says Star West Techn) doing a survey on the quality of installation of my V* system.

Several install related questions were asked with a rating scale of 1 to 4.

Hopefully V* ( or could it be Installs Inc?) is using this to grade their installers and hopefully iron out the deficiencies some have had.

I'm assuming most of us will get the call, so be honest.

:no Forget about verbally exhorting issues other than just uttering a rating number. I tried to complain about missing local OTA and got dead silence..."Sir were just conducting a survey..nothing more"

Had a quality control tech come after the install...

I haven't got any calls from the outfit you mentioned. The company that installed my VOOM; DishConnect Installs did a great job and a few days after the installation I received a call from a quality control technician who asked to come by and survey the installation. I think he was from the installation company and was also great. He even helped answer some questions and gave me some tips about my surround system. Fantastic service, never had D* or the cable company do anything like that. I really think VOOM is trying to be better than the "other" competitors.

I don't think its a matter of trying to do better, I think that Voom is just sitting on their butt right now and has nouthing better to do.

Besides that, the point of the call is not to catch little things, but to correct a issues the customer may have with the install that would cause them to disconnect since they can't afford to loose anyone this early in the game.

"I think that Voom is just sitting on their butt right now and has nouthing better to do"

You obviously haven't tried to call their CSR center lately...

-MP

Funny enough we got our first survey call in late Dec.

Think it was from the same service you mentioned Mr. Biggles. Since I was in the very "pissed off period" of our relationship with VOOM with numerous installation problems, I told the surveyor that there was no need to answer any questions since we'd been "escalated" directly to a person in VOOM's front office who was definitely getting ALL the details. They tried one more time about a week later....

Watching HDTV under clearing Seattle skies, Gill

Way To Go VOOM

I very much appreciate the follow-up phone Survey and an "On-Site" review of the install here in Noblesville, Indiana. Can't remember when any Company I rented equipment from that charged nothing to install cared so much. I know the answer now....... "NEVER"!!!

Way to go VOOM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)