Place Your Bets

gross67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2004
Indiana
What will be added this evening/tomorrow?

My vote:

BBC America

3 more SD
2 more HD

What's in YOUR wallet?

Sean pretty much told us what's supposed to come tomorrow, and I don't think any of it involves HD.

Customer Service told me last night 31 new HD anytime. I'm sure some will be VOOM channels like a Documentary HD10 channel but what else in HD? I bet it things roll out in small groups until the end of the month or tied to any newVoom announcement then bang the bulk of the new channels hits.

socalpanman said:
Customer Service told me last night 31 new HD anytime. I'm sure some will be VOOM channels like a Documentary HD10 channel but what else in HD? I bet it things roll out in small groups until the end of the month or tied to any newVoom announcement then bang the bulk of the new channels hits.
I would be happy if they add at least ESPN2-HD NOW - lots of good College Basketball games this month!!!

My prediction for what'll be added this weekend?
A bunch of Discovery channels. And maybe that BBC thing.

vurbano said:
LMFAO, 31 new HD channels???? no way, not until we are on AMC6 or mpeg4
I agree. It is impossible to add 31 HD channels without AMC6 or MPEG4. But they could add 3 HD channels now because they don't need the HD test channels (ESPNA, ESPN2A & 700). Also, capacity for a 4th HD channel will be available soon after Encore-HD is discontinued. As I said before, they should add ESPN2-HD NOW because there are tons of College Basketball games. That would be a punch in the face to DirectTV because they announce it in January and still nothing.

Does anyone know the status of Rainbow DBS' FCC complaint regarding INHD? Do you think it's possible that we'll see INHD1 and INHD2 in the coming weeks? If nothing else, I'm dying to know out of whose arse VOOM is going to pull 31 HD channels. :confused:

riffjim4069 said:
My three year old loves Animania...it's her favorite channel.
Samething with my 4-year old son. He likes everything (Pink Panther, Henry's World, Voltron, etc). In fact, he doesn't want to watch any other kids channel. If VOOM goes dark, the hardest part for me would be to explain him that there is no more Animania

Kids thought we couldn't live without Noggen or PBSKids etc after a year of Animania they can't imagine ever going back. (I'm now a Dan Dare fan) They're more upset about the chance of loosing Voom than me.
psThey're also addicted to the Thunderbirds on the Family Room

BBCAmerica is coming....

BBCAmerica is part of the Discovery Channels package. When you negotiate to place a service on your system it pretty goes without saying you're obligated to take the entire package or none at all.

I am quite sure there is an implementation schedule in the contract between Discovery Networks and Voom to facilitate channels and in what order they must be introduced based on services bandwidth, and market-share (to support Discovery's ad packages they compile for their clients).

After all, it's difficult to justify top dollar for ad packages spread over an inconstant broad channel spectrum unless they're all mandated to be viewable on all systems.

Walter L. said:
Samething with my 4-year old son. He likes everything (Pink Panther, Henry's World, Voltron, etc). In fact, he doesn't want to watch any other kids channel. If VOOM goes dark, the hardest part for me would be to explain him that there is no more Animania
socalpanman said:
Kids thought we couldn't live without Noggen or PBSKids etc after a year of Animania they can't imagine ever going back. (I'm now a Dan Dare fan) They're more upset about the chance of loosing Voom than me.
psThey're also addicted to the Thunderbirds on the Family Room
Yep, Animania is the best HD channels for the little ones - we head bang daily to that Henry's World jingle. For whatever reason, I keep thinking about Christopher Mulumbo and can't get that "I want a dog" tune out of my head.

garveyj said:
do we know what is suppose to be added?
No, we don't know, but there have been hints to the effect of Discovery channels and BBC coming this weekend. We'll see, there's still time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts