put your $ where your mouth is?

Technut said:
This type of post is not constructive. !protest

Are you high? Do you know many of his here agree with that statement, for what Voom "says" they''ll give us versus what they do-they should pay us.

Voom has little real HD- just some SD and some a bit better,

Seawaves said:
Are you high? Do you know many of his here agree with that statement, for what Voom "says" they''ll give us versus what they do-they should pay us.

Is there compitition for voom like you can switch to another company with as much HD? ARE u high?

lol

sorry unconstructive :shh back to the thread !!!!!

What about putting these channells in the PPV slots maybe we could purchase daily versions ????

Seawaves said:

Seawaves, is there anything that we can do for you to expedite your canceling of Voom service? Is $10 ok?

andrzej said:
Seawaves, is there anything that we can do for you to expedite your canceling of Voom service? Is $10 ok?

LMAO, I don't need money, (that's why I'm paying for Voom and DTV and cable)

I need real HD from Voom, a Moto box that doesn't lock up and promises kept- not broken.

I agree that VOOM should first focus on HD. HD only. VOOM is an add on service. Voom is geared for HD and they should have every single HD ch out there with the highest badwidth that they could give the HD ch's. If they are the leader in HD...make it the best PQ possible. Leave STD alone...I want more HD.

It won't happen because alot of people (not me) want everything from one provider. In theory this is great, who doesn't want it all in one place. But in my opinion HD should not suffer because of SD, it is fine to have SD channels but they should be the first things cut to make room for more HD, not MOOV or something else. Just my thoughts on the issue.

kaw

If there is any service with a chance of becoming HD only that would probably be Voom. Let's face it they would never get HDNet until their subscriber base hits a mil, InHD 1 and 2 is a stronger possiblity because they are run by Cablevision. Currently they use it as a niche for people to go cable, and hopefully people would have Voom AND cable and they'd make more money right? I'm sure their stance on that will change though.

As far as commercial free, I personally don't care and don't agree they say commercial free but I see ads for movie trailers from time to time between movies, hey guess what that's commercial free. I think if it helps keep costs down for the end user Voom SHOULD offer slots for HD commercials (imagine the statement! Hey you can advertise on Voom but your commercial has to be in hD!) between movies or shows on their exclusives.

I also hope that they annihalte duplicate SD channels ASAP and use that bandwidth, I've also said that the Cinema10 channels should continue to be more genre specific. I would love to see a Mystery, Comedy, Action, and Drama specific channel to compliment Divine, Epics, WorldCinema, Gunslingers, and Monsters. Keep the movie rotation as dynamic as possible.

All in all I am very happy with my choice with Voom, and only blab my mouth off so much on these forums because I want to see it get better.

kawdog said:
It won't happen because alot of people (not me) want everything from one provider. In theory this is great, who doesn't want it all in one place. But in my opinion HD should not suffer because of SD, it is fine to have SD channels but they should be the first things cut to make room for more HD, not MOOV or something else. Just my thoughts on the issue.

kaw
I agree. Not even Moov should be cut for more HD. It should be the STD ch's that go instead of their current HD PQ suffering because of the limited bandwidth. But all of this pondering could become a moot point when VOOM switches over in OCT(We will see about that) to their new system. They will have more room for any kind of ch that they want to add....and hopefully they will increase the bandwidth for the HD ch's that they have currently.

vinnyv07 said:
I agree. Not even Moov should be cut for more HD. It should be the STD ch's that go instead of their current HD PQ suffering because of the limited bandwidth. But all of this pondering could become a moot point when VOOM switches over in OCT(We will see about that) to their new system. They will have more room for any kind of ch that they want to add....and hopefully they will increase the bandwidth for the HD ch's that they have currently.

Yeah, Vin but the name of the service isn't HD Voom- it's just Voom. Could you run a steakhouse that really only sold steaks? Ya gotta serve up some of that SD fish!

I think we need to find a way to push the owners of these SD cahnnels to go HD. But some of Voom's own HD channels stink.

Seawaves said:

I think we need to find a way to push the owners of these SD cahnnels to go HD. But some of Voom's own HD channels stink.

I would say that most of the SD channels stink even more. What is the percentage of the SD channels that you watch Seawaves?

andrzej said:
I would say that most of the SD channels stink even more. What is the percentage of the SD channels that you watch Seawaves?

More than I'd like to, but I have a family and content is key. I'd lik eto see the best SD channels move to HD, more like HGTV, not USA. But that is subjective-the providers know what is the most popular, not me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)