Installed dish motor. Can get everything but RTN

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting we are all in the same band according to Satbeams but on my 1m I can get the NBC feeds and Hughes net in the high 80s but RTN only ccassionally when conditions are excellent. I put it down to low TP output on RTN
I can get RTV on a 500 dish (23"x20") here in South Jersey on good days with enough quality to lock in my Fortec Dynamic and be watchable. Love those Kojack reruns. I was living in NYC at the time they did that series, at times I would catch them doing a scene on one of the city streets.

RTV (or RTN as we used to know it on G10R or G18 @123.0°W) has been greatly improved since it initially moved to AMC 9 @ 83.0°W.

When RTV was first (re)-located to 83.0°W, I had one heck of a time getting it to lock and remain locked. Especially when LEO-1 was interfering with the reception. Now, I no longer have many, if any, problems with RTV's reception. Albeit less powerful than many other SAT/TP signals, it is certainly much more powerful then it used to be. I rarely lose it's lock and now only when the weather is quite bad here or at the uplink station.

Since the reception is FTA (kind of, sort of), I could never complain about a little loss of signal from time to time.

RADAR

Just arrived back Stateside yesterday evening and yes my 1m dish now receives RTV superb quality.
19hr journey and then aligned dish on 83w now that's getting priorities right.

Just arrived back Stateside yesterday evening and yes my 1m dish now receives RTV superb quality.
19hr journey and then aligned dish on 83w now that's getting priorities right.
Welcome back, glad you had a safe trip, yes you do have your priorities correct "FTA all the Way, all the Time." LOL :up

Hope to run into you at Dayton.
Mike Lib

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)