installed my s2 kit but...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I have a pansat 9200HD and put the s-2 kit in. I removed the rubber plug from the rf port of the receiver and mounted the board.

I intalled the two ribbon cables and the power cable from the power supply board.

I installed the coax jumper from the IF output to the board's rf connector.

I cannot seem to lock any of the equity stuff on s-2 G28 (Now).

Any help would be appreciated.

I bumped the dish around and nothing.
Dish is tuned very well. 10' dish.

I upgraded to ver 1215 software from Pansatusa.com.
However I still am not able to get anything s-2.

The board is warm so I know it is getting power. My ribbon cables are in the proper places
(two connectors side by side) on the motherboard of the receiver. Not "CN7"

I have the jumper leading from the "IF out" to the tuner board.

No go, No s-2 signals.

Will they blind scan in like standard dvb-s does? I tried using the "advanced scan" manually entering tp's and s/r's but no signals there either.

Should the quality meter jump up when i enter something that is there?

Should my settings be like this for the most part:

example tp and s/r:

11700 H 30000 dvb s-2, 8psk, Pilot on, FEC - auto

What does the "pilot" do?
are most s-2 signals 8psk or still qpsk?

Try entering the proper FEC. I am using the Diamond 9000 and have to enter the Exact info.
As for Pilot, I don't quite understand it, but it does make a diff. for me using the Diamond 9000 HD.

I noticed something about my tuner board.

One image I seen on the internet showed the board having two "F" connectors that stick through both rubber plugs on the receivers rear.

My tuner only has one "F" connector for one coax. I hope i didn't get that illuminatti board.
I wanted the true FTA board.

How can I tell which board I got? I bought it off Ebay and it said "true fta on G26 etc"

I'm not familiar with this receiver and It's add-in board, but with my experience with a Pansat 9000 and coolsat 8000, it seems that many of the DVB-S2 devices available right now don't automatically determine the FEC rate. So, you have to supply it yourself. On the Pansat 9000 if I'm not sure of the FEC rate I simply flip through the various rates while watching the signal quality bar at the bottom of the screen. If I'm not mistaken I think the FEC rate your looking for in this particular case will be 3/4. That makes it one of the easier 8psk signals to lock, though it's still a bit harder to lock than the 7/8, qpsk, regular DVB-s, signal they have on G3C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)