Installer Question

DirtyTurbin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Michigan
My fathers place of business wants to add DishNetwork. My only issue is the length of the cable run from the roof to the av room where they need the receiver. What is the maximum length? Can a line booster be added? If you use a line booster does it work ok or what is the best solution for this? Is there an extra charge for a commercial install? Thanks for everyone's help!!!!

Dish DP receivers now run a higher voltage, and can accept longer runs. Just make sure you use a good RG-6 coax with good fittings at each end. Also, think about how you are connecting the receiver to your TV's. Going HD? if so, you will need to get the receiver near the TV. HD cables such as HDMI cables will cost a fortune if you need a long run. Just an FYI.

About 200/250 Feet is the max run on RG6. I have done 400 Feet with legacy several years ago.

The issue is not signal loss, but more of voltage drop and getting switch commands from the receiver to the switch..

The best solution is to run seperate lines for 110 and 119 and then put the switch as close as possible to the receiver.

Amplifiers do work, but can cost a few hundred dollars!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts