Installers were going to take my PVR721

585960.... I don't understand your reply. "The smell of curry and fish would gag a maggot?"..............................John

That is a BIG negative! A recent DNS memo passed out to all DNS and RSPs updates that (dated for today actually)

And I quote:

"Question: Do I have to pick up all of the owned receivers?

Answer: If the customer owns the receiver they have the option to
return the receiver for a credit. However, if the customer chooses to keep
the unit it is acceptable to leave the unit at site. The only requirement
is that ALL leased receivers must be returned."

Apparently there was some major confusion from all ends when it came to owned receivers. Fortunately things have gotten cleared up.

Have not seen that memo, but good, the less receivers I have to take back the less paperwork I have to do at nights.

Wait!! I bet that memo must be coming with our next shipment of HDMI cables!!

I upgraded my PVR721 to a VIP722 yesterday. One of the installers said to the other "Is this the receiver we are supposed to take?" I happened to be listening and I said "No WAY! I own that receiver". They were determined that since they had an RA for that receiver they were going to take it. After a much heated discussion and a call to DishNetwork they decided I could keep it. If I hadn't been watching them they would have walked off with my receiver. If you are having any work done keep a close eye on them at all times. "John"
WHy call DISH? I would show them my reciept and then I would show them a baseball bat. If that failed I would take names and report a theft to the police. Law enforcement would only need to see a reciept.

I work in tech support when we set the upgrade up we can choose "add" or " replace" the agent prolly selected replace and the 721 and didnt make it clear to you techs called we switched it to "add" and there ya go 90% the time its a replacement so no doubt they were used to it that way and the workorder called for it and were just doing there jobs techs generally are really good (Also a calm debate normally gets you further with any customer service employee than a heated debate normally because you get it all day so when some guy is cussing is head off i let him vent then i follow business rules advise him the same thing over and over but if you call and tell me hey man look at it this way i got alot of movies on here i really like it and want to keep my 721 can you please help me somehow----sh*t consider it done i would give a call to through departments to get it pulled through because no one ever goes about it the nice way

Last edited:
Perhaps "Heated Debate" was an overstatement. A firm resolve on both sides as to the possesion of the receiver would be more accurate. I did show them a letter which said "Congratulations on PURCHASING a DishPVR 721". They still were not convinced I could keep it though. "John"

its up to the customer weather they want return their old owned reciever and get 10 dollar credit. and alot of customers are smart and they dont want 10 dollar credit. so they keep the reciever. dish will de-active it that old reciever....... the tech must take the reciever if it had RA number and it was leased.

This whole discussion is rediculous. The techs were doing their job. As stated by other techs if recs aren't returned the tech gets charged back for the equiptment that he doesn't even have in his possession. Let's throw this one out there. If you go to BK and get a whopper and the guy who made it puts mayo on it do you accuse him of trying to attack you with condiments. No that's.what he's soposed to do. What if he didn't put it on and he then had to pay BK for your whole order. Would you be argumentative with him for trying to protect his paycheck? I see you got to keep the 721. Which by the way is obsolete anyway. So my point is don't kill the messanger just because he is following protocol.

This whole discussion is rediculous. The techs were doing their job. As stated by other techs if recs aren't returned the tech gets charged back for the equiptment that he doesn't even have in his possession. Let's throw this one out there. If you go to BK and get a whopper and the guy who made it puts mayo on it do you accuse him of trying to attack you with condiments. No that's.what he's soposed to do. What if he didn't put it on and he then had to pay BK for your whole order. Would you be argumentative with him for trying to protect his paycheck? I see you got to keep the 721. Which by the way is obsolete anyway. So my point is don't kill the messanger just because he is following protocol.

tech was wrong, they were told by dish if the customer own the reciever and it has tag that says (O) its up to the customer to return it or keep it. they must take the reciever if it was under the lease.

also i would not want get rid of 721 for 10 dollar even if its not worth anything cause most of the customer paid like 300 bucks for this reciever back in days.

Let's throw this one out. If you own a car and you go down to the dealer to lease a car and he said "by the way, I am also taking your car" wouldn't you be upset? They may be obsolete but they still have value. Check EBAY.

Let's throw this one out. If you own a car and you go down to the dealer to lease a car and he said "by the way, I am also taking your car" wouldn't you be upset? They may be obsolete but they still have value. Check EBAY.

it was nothing but mis understanding on both sides. dish puts RA number on the reciever as soon as you deactivate them. before the RA number was never displayed on the work order, since last 2 weeks dish is printing the RA number right next to the reciever and smart card number. personally i never take back reciever that is owned. i alwasy convince the customer to keep them cause they are worth more than 10 dollars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)