has this thought ever occured to anyone who has "moved"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnpas73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Indianapolis
so i was leaving the house this morning, and there was a dish van lurking around my neighborhood, and this is at 7:30 AM! so i "moved" a few weeks ago, and im thinking, what if dish is coming to get their dish back off the top of my house?! wouldnt that suck?
anyone think they would do this?

we'll see what happens when i get home tonight.

so i was leaving the house this morning, and there was a dish van lurking around my neighborhood, and this is at 7:30 AM! so i "moved" a few weeks ago, and im thinking, what if dish is coming to get their dish back off the top of my house?! wouldnt that suck?

How can they come get a Dish and switch you took with you?

Maybe, and I realize this is a stretch, someone else in your neighborhood has, or is getting, Dish service and the guy is early for an 8am installation (like Kru83 said).

Thats pretty funny but no they cant just come rip a dish off your house. That would open all kinds of liability and trespassing issues if you dont know they are coming.

When I signed up they told me if I cancel or move, the dish stays on my roof. Obviously, as the homeowner I could take it down, but the default is just to leave it. It isn't worth the hassle for them. Maybe someday, somebody else living there will subscribe to Dish again, so they leave it.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't happen. Dish doesn't bother picking up old dishes or de-installing them. Probably was a Dish van waiting until close to the 8 AM window to knock on the first customer's door.

What would really suck is if your 722 is delivered to your "new" address:

mc_donalds1.jpg

...what if dish is coming to get their dish back off the top of my house?!
I doubt it. I just had to get a new dish installed so I could get HD. The guy pulled the old Dish500 down and asked if I wanted to keep it. I said no, so he threw it in the trash. He did unattach something from the dish as opposed to throwing the entire thing away all bolted together. I don't know if that was because he wanted to keep a part of it, or to make it fit in the trashcan better!

I doubt it. I just had to get a new dish installed so I could get HD. The guy pulled the old Dish500 down and asked if I wanted to keep it. I said no, so he threw it in the trash. He did unattach something from the dish as opposed to throwing the entire thing away all bolted together. I don't know if that was because he wanted to keep a part of it, or to make it fit in the trashcan better!

Probably needed to return the LNB as part of the upgrade of your dish/LNB.

Thats pretty funny but no they cant just come rip a dish off your house. That would open all kinds of liability and trespassing issues if you dont know they are coming.

As a dealer I'll come rip the Dish off your house, if you didn't pay your bill and I get charged back for the equipment.

But generally speaking, for the cost of the Dish it costs more money to pay an installer to drive out to your home and remove it, than it does just to leave it there. Unless they are coming to pick up equipment, they are not gonna come out for just the DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)