New Install, what do you think!

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Finally made the switch. First time satellite for me. Check out the pics. Three 722s and a 625. Three out of the four DVRs are modulated to all TVs. Has been lotsa fun setting up all the remote controls. We are really happy with Dish, everything is working great. Just a little disappointed in the DVRs. Charter Cable’s MOXI and Motorola DVRs are more user friendly, but we will get use to it. Thanks to every ones help with all the questions I had. It was a big help.

Attachments

• DSC02102.JPG
    DSC02102.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 562
  • DSC02097.JPG
    DSC02097.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC02099.JPG
    DSC02099.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC02068-1.JPG
    DSC02068-1.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 566
  • DSC02086.JPG
    DSC02086.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 689
Very very VERY nice install! :)

I know a few of the techs posting here will have a problem with the DPP44 serving as the groundblock. If directly asked, I plead "no comment" ;)...bottom line...it is grounded.

Love the very neat loops at the dish and proper usage of the "arm clamps" on the 1000+.

If Moto's dvr's are more user friendly it's only because they have no functionality to make it difficult to run. You will love the 722 after your learn all the features.

I have had a good workout on the 722 and when the installer came back to install the Dish 500, he could not find all the neat things the other DVRs were capable of either. The MOXI and DVRs from Charter are much more friendlier to use. I just got tired of them breaking down all the time and the 622/722s are much more reliable is the reason I switched to Dish. The MOXI was especially neat. Has a pretty nifty guide and all the other stuff too. But they were getting old and Charter Cable wasn't replacing them anytime soon.

I don't particularly like the antenna in the attic. It could easily have been outside on the same mast as what looks to be the WiFi antenna. It could be even smaller like the Antennas Direct DB2. Or, you can cut the current antenna in half.

Otherwise, it's a great install.

Thanks Mike500. I have read bunches of your post and they were a big help. You really know your stuff. I wanted to do most of the install myself or as much as Dish would allow. I like doing those kinda things around the house. I don't know why I put the OTA in the attic come to think of it. It sure works good. Pulling in all the digitals from St. Louis. My TV shows in the mid to hi 80 percent range and the 722s show close to 100. The little antenna by the Dish 500 is a SIRIUS radio satellite antenna. Thanks again.

Thanks. Yes, 118.7 is HD locals from St. Louis. The SIRIUS antenna is connected right above the DPP44 switch into a diplexer. Have it diplexed into my wifes workroom with the tv coax. The antenna disconnected is 129. I think I will leave it disconnected and leave 61.5 plugged in. Sure wish their was a five satellite switch. Thanks again.

What's up with the giant LNB in the middle? Does this improve reception of 129 or something?

I just got Dish installed again... they didn't upgrade me to a 1000.2, but they changed the LNB's on my existing 1000, from a single + double, to three single's. We've been having some reception problems on Big10-HD, but today we took down a small tree that might've had some branches blocking it... we'll find out soon.

What's up with the giant LNB in the middle? Does this improve reception of 129 or something?

I just got Dish installed again... they didn't upgrade me to a 1000.2, but they changed the LNB's on my existing 1000, from a single + double, to three single's. We've been having some reception problems on Big10-HD, but today we took down a small tree that might've had some branches blocking it... we'll find out soon.

It's a Dual Band 118.7/119 LNB for the 1000 Plus dish. You've never seen a plus dish before?

Thanks. Yes, 118.7 is HD locals from St. Louis. The SIRIUS antenna is connected right above the DPP44 switch into a diplexer. Have it diplexed into my wifes workroom with the tv coax. The antenna disconnected is 129. I think I will leave it disconnected and leave 61.5 plugged in. Sure wish their was a five satellite switch. Thanks again.

Extremely clean install. I'm very impressed. The only issue is the DPP44 switch being used as a ground block. E* regulations don't allow that. The switch isn't UL listed as a ground block. I'm curious however, why would you need 129 and 61.5? E* will be coming out with a DPP 64 switch soon, but If you have 61.5 you shouldn't need 129. What are you getting off of 129 that you can't get off of 61.5?

fantastico!

it's a very splendid job done indeed. no doubt this dish guy had done his homework before coming out for the installation. Keep it up, Charlie! :):up

Ha Ha comcast. I am the one that did the homework. After learning bunches from this forum, the DishTV web site, and talking to the local retailer/installer, I did most of the work. The only thing the installer did was install the two dish antennas. I installed the SIRIUS antenna, all coax including the antenna wires, and the complete head-end, including the DPP44 switch. I really wanted to install one of them fancy head-end cabinets but I was stuck with four coax that were not long enough, because of a two story house. To re-wire them would have been a nightmare. So I just installed the board and everything on it. How do you like the 12 port splitter? Had to wheel and deal with a local distributer to get it.

Extremely clean install. I'm very impressed. The only issue is the DPP44 switch being used as a ground block. E* regulations don't allow that. The switch isn't UL listed as a ground block. I'm curious however, why would you need 129 and 61.5? E* will be coming out with a DPP 64 switch soon, but If you have 61.5 you shouldn't need 129. What are you getting off of 129 that you can't get off of 61.5?

129 has the Muti-Sport pak. 61.5 has the Pentagon channel (9405) that I wanted is why the need of 61.5. Plus I have heard so much bad about 129 and also figured two dishes pointing different directions is better than one. During thunderstorms, there is a chance that one dish would have cloud trouble and maybe not the other. At least some channels would have a chance to make it thru. Thanks for the info about the ground on the DPP44 switch. I will let the installer know about that.

Nice, Just had mine put in yesterday too. One 622 (They originally put in a 722 but switched it out for some reason even though it was working fine :confused:) and one 625, one Dish 1000.