New Install, what do you think!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Chuck, I can't believe that after almost three years you are installed! It all has a professional appearance to it and you can be proud. This is what the pro installers would do if they were paid appropriately. Best to you.

Chuck, I can't believe that after almost three years you are installed! It all has a professional appearance to it and you can be proud. This is what the pro installers would do if they were paid appropriately. Best to you.

Thanks, way too much time on my hands is what helped. I have it grounded a little better now, but it is not to NEC. So have to work on that sometime.

Very nice install Charles. I wonder if Dr. Video, your installer, is going to get paid for all the in-house cable runs, wall plates, etc. that you installed. :rolleyes:

I do note however that the coax cables on the Sirius antenna as well as the two dishes do not appear to run through grounding blocks before entering the house as required by the NEC.

FWIW, I attended a BICSI installation course and according to them, mounting boards should either be fire retardent plywood (difficult to acquire) or painted with fire retardent paint. This was for commercial buildings do I don't know if any residential building codes require it.

I'm curious. You are receiving St Louis LILs, you have Charter cable life line or basic, and OTA antenna. That's 3 sources for STL stations(?)

Maybe a professional installer can answer why DISH 500s are now being installed for 61.5 vice DISH 300 18" dishes(?) I don't see how it can provide more gain with two focal points.

Lastly, enjoy your new system. What type of wall plates did you use?

Dish doesn't make the Dish 300 anymore. We just use a Dish 500 with an I-bracket (as oppose to the Y-bracket) and set the skew to 90. Simply, that just makes it a larger Dish 300.

Finally made the switch. First time satellite for me. Check out the pics. Three 722s and a 625. Three out of the four DVRs are modulated to all TVs. Has been lotsa fun setting up all the remote controls. We are really happy with Dish, everything is working great. Just a little disappointed in the DVRs. Charter Cable’s MOXI and Motorola DVRs are more user friendly, but we will get use to it. Thanks to every ones help with all the questions I had. It was a big help.
Is that vinyl siding?

Extremely clean install. I'm very impressed. The only issue is the DPP44 switch being used as a ground block. E* regulations don't allow that. The switch isn't UL listed as a ground block. I'm curious however, why would you need 129 and 61.5? E* will be coming out with a DPP 64 switch soon, but If you have 61.5 you shouldn't need 129. What are you getting off of 129 that you can't get off of 61.5?
we have been told that it is ok to GND the switch. It's grounded to the d-mark with or without the GND block. Same electricity will flow. I have had no problems grounding the switch itself as opposed to using two GND blocks.
To be frank, a D-1000 plus costs us a lot of money. over 30 connectors and lots of cable. Adding the GND blocks plus the 8 extra connectors is another $3. Costs are going up, pay is the same. Something has to give.

So E* only caryes SOME of the SIRIUS music channels and to get ALL of them you need that extra antenna?

What are the channels E* does NOT carry?

If I upgraded to the AT 200 package that has those channels, does E* give me one of those antennas, or do I have to buy it myself???

I'm so confused?

-Scott
just music only..none of the other services such as Howard 100 and 101 , the NFL game radio feeds are available on Dish. To get those you must subscribe to Sirius.
I like Hoard Stern as well. Listened to him all the time when he was terristrial radio in NJ...I am holding off on sat radio until the merger thing with XM is settled.

we have been told that it is ok to GND the switch. It's grounded to the d-mark with or without the GND block. Same electricity will flow. I have had no problems grounding the switch itself as opposed to using two GND blocks.
To be frank, a D-1000 plus costs us a lot of money. over 30 connectors and lots of cable. Adding the GND blocks plus the 8 extra connectors is another $3. Costs are going up, pay is the same. Something has to give.[/QUOTE

I don't think it is OK to use the switch as a ground dishcomm. It states that in Dish's ground training program and also in this link.

Tech Portal : (choose receiver model) : How To : Grounding the System

Yes, that is vinyl. Under the air gap area of the brackets is 1/2 inch OSD cut to fit. The main bracket center bolt holes and the outer strut arm brackets are on dead center of the studs. Feels good and sturdy.
yeah ok..you'd have a tough time getting me to install a dish on vinyl unless you signed your life away
I have seen too many instances where techs unwittingly and in direct violation of dish specs installed a dish on vinyl only to have the siding crack in winter. But I guess it looks like you used OSB as a backing behind the strut feet it's ok..Otherwise it's a good install. If it was mine,I'd have put both dishes on the roof. It's sturdier and in your case it's protected in one direction form the wind. Oh well.
Your wiring job looks nice. It is the kind of work I like to do. Nice and neat.

yeah ok..you'd have a tough time getting me to install a dish on vinyl unless you signed your life away
I have seen too many instances where techs unwittingly and in direct violation of dish specs installed a dish on vinyl only to have the siding crack in winter. But I guess it looks like you used OSB as a backing behind the strut feet it's ok..Otherwise it's a good install. If it was mine,I'd have put both dishes on the roof. It's sturdier and in your case it's protected in one direction form the wind. Oh well.
Your wiring job looks nice. It is the kind of work I like to do. Nice and neat.

Thanks. I wanted to keep the main dish low so I can clear the snow off if needed. I have grounded it since these pics. However, it is not up to the NEC. But I will work on that issue when I have a chance.

Did you install the DPP-44 switch yourself or did the Dish Network installers do it for you? I am having a 1000+ dish, DPP-44 switch and VIP722 HD DVR receiver installed on Saturday and I would like them to install the DPP-44 switch downstairs on a board like yours.

Did you install the DPP-44 switch yourself or did the Dish Network installers do it for you? I am having a 1000+ dish, DPP-44 switch and VIP722 HD DVR receiver installed on Saturday and I would like them to install the DPP-44 switch downstairs on a board like yours.

I did everything except install the two Dishes. I had a retailer/installer that let me do everything. He let me have the DPP44 switch so I could install it too. I had everything ready for him when he showed up and he installed the dishes. I did the board, the Sirius antenna, all coax, everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)