has this thought ever occured to anyone who has "moved"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In many states, once you attach personal property to a home, it becomes real property. Removing a dish without consent could be big trouble. Lumber is personal property, but the carpenter can't repossess it once the home is built with it.

But a leased car can be repossessed on the outside of the residence and to a point breaking and entering is even legal for such a purpose. Property law extends to ownership, leased equipment you don't own. Purchased equipment DISH wouldn't care about anyhow.

so i was leaving the house this morning, and there was a dish van lurking around my neighborhood, and this is at 7:30 AM! so i "moved" a few weeks ago, and im thinking, what if dish is coming to get their dish back off the top of my house?!

if you moved they dont come get the dish. Heck most of the time the CSR's think you took the dish with you. :)

I moved a couple years ago and Dish was next door (townhouse complex) and didnt say anything :)

It's apparent you don't understand the difference between real and personal property. Land, houses, buildings, etc. are permanent structures and are real property. Cars, RVs, boats are personal property. Regardless of what DISH or any retail contract may state, state law always supercedes it. So if you repo a dish, the customer could sue you for alterations that affected their property value. Same goes for if DISH were to come out un-announced and take a dish. In most states, that dish becomes a fixture or chattel and is included in any conveyance of the property unless mutually agreed to otherwise.

I used Dish's Corporate office address in Englewood APT 3A. Silly CSR never knew the difference. :D
And you told them you already did the install, but the new rep followed the cheat sheet and entered a work order anyway. When the tech arrived, he just gave All of the 3rd floor Dish Network. Now we know why the CSR are always busy. :D

It's apparent you don't understand the difference between real and personal property. Land, houses, buildings, etc. are permanent structures and are real property. Cars, RVs, boats are personal property. Regardless of what DISH or any retail contract may state, state law always supercedes it. So if you repo a dish, the customer could sue you for alterations that affected their property value. Same goes for if DISH were to come out un-announced and take a dish. In most states, that dish becomes a fixture or chattel and is included in any conveyance of the property unless mutually agreed to otherwise.

Which is exactly what I've been told by several apartment complexes as to why they don't want dishes attached to their buildings. They said it becomes part of their property, and they have to be responsible for it.

Dish doesnt come out to get a dish or switch unless the customer sets it up to send the stuff back, as it is dish will never come out to get the old dish and switch on a mover as it is a waste of time and money to do so ( roughly $120 at the least )

You really think a scumbag who didn't pay his bill and defaulted on a contract is gonna sue somebody?

I just heard from a neighboor that Publisher's Clearinghouse is using a DISH van as a disguise. They were probably in your neighboghood looking for the $10M winner. Also, if you see a Dish van in your neighborhood between Thanksgiving and Xmas and you approach the driver and say, "Charlie is the man", they will give you free DISH service for a year and as many 722s as you want.

But a leased car can be repossessed on the outside of the residence and to a point breaking and entering is even legal for such a purpose. Property law extends to ownership, leased equipment you don't own. Purchased equipment DISH wouldn't care about anyhow.

You are a bit wrong here. Although the laws regarding reposession are slightly different in each state, there are no states where it is legal to "break and enter" to repo. In no states can you enter a garage or enclosed area to take a car back. In fact almost every state requires "peaceful reposession" which means if you tell a repo man that he cannot take a car then he cannot. However, he can come back later and take the same car as long as you don't tell him to stop again...

I don't think DISH really gives a damn about people moving. I think they are more concerned with whether or not somebody pays the bill. An old friend of mine that worked for DISH said it was pretty apparent to some CSRs at that point that people were moving for particular baseball games or a different CBS for an alternate NFL team. Again, though, he said it was all about making sure balances were paid. Of course, this was way back and he hasn't worked for them for six years. They have since brought in CSRs that, according to an earlier post, can't even recognize their own business address.

I just heard from a neighboor that Publisher's Clearinghouse is using a DISH van as a disguise. They were probably in your neighboghood looking for the $10M winner. Also, if you see a Dish van in your neighborhood between Thanksgiving and Xmas and you approach the driver and say, "Charlie is the man", they will give you free DISH service for a year and as many 722s as you want.

wow. lame. :rolleyes:
mods please lock this, i probably wont post another thread ever again since people always need to have a rediculous replys.

johnpas73,
Calm down, it was just a joke from AT&TDishman. No reason to get all upset about it...

wow. lame. :rolleyes:
mods please lock this, i probably wont post another thread ever again since people always need to have a rediculous replys.

Sorry if I upset you, fellow Naptowner, but I'm off my meds for the holidays. Please continue to post. If you do, it's my treat at St. Elmo's and 50-yard seats for the first home Colts' playoff game.

The dish van driver has a truck full of dish's and lnb's. If it was a van then it most likely was a DISH Employee and not a sub crontractor. Dish guy was just waiting for 8am since they schedule 8am to noon or noon to 5pm. I knocked on some old guy's door at 7:55am and he ripped me a new A$$h*13...... Never do that again. Must of been because it was a Trouble call that was never fixed by Dish Network the last 4 times they been out. So I replaced the rusty crimp connectors with compression connectors and never heard from him again. That must of made him cranky.

LOL I have totally stolen old dishes off of houses when I didn't want to drive to the office and that was the only piece of equiptment I needed. Tgf apartment buildings with 20 dishes on the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)