Installing the Linksys/Cisco Wireless Bridge (WGA600N)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rabid1

Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
I got my WGA600N yesterday and hooked it up to my HR21-100. The receiver has the latest CE from 07/25, which is supposed to have added support for this device.

I had my Apple Airport Wireless router set to WPA security. I was able to locate the network in the wireless setup menu on the HR21. However, whenever I began inputing the password, the receiver locked up and required a hard boot. I tried this 3 times with the same result.

When I changed the Airport to have no security, evrything worked just fine, and I'm able to access VOD.

I'll fiddle with it some more this weekend, and see if I can come up with a solution.

Rick

Instead of WPA try using WEP-64 (40 bit) security. Don't use the key generator built into the bridge, just enter a 10 digit numeric code (ex. 0123456789) for the Key 1 value, save your changes and test to see if it works. Unless you have some super-hacker in your neighborhood WEP-64 will keep your WiFi system safe enough.

Instead of WPA try using WEP-64 (40 bit) security. Don't use the key generator built into the bridge, just enter a 10 digit numeric code (ex. 0123456789) for the Key 1 value, save your changes and test to see if it works. Unless you have some super-hacker in your neighborhood WEP-64 will keep your WiFi system safe enough.

Thanks birddog! I'll give it a shot & let you know how it worked.

Rick

I have it set up and working great with WPA.

Since I'm using a Mac at home, with an Airport wireless router, I was unable to use the provided software from Linksys. What I did was reset the WGA600N, then hook it up directly to my Mac.

Then I changed my network settings on the Mac to be compatible with the default IP and subnet of the device. This is 192.168.1.250, subnet 255.255.255.0

After this I was able to access the settings for the WGA600N via my Web browser. From here you can configure everything you need to connect with your wireless network.

After I configured it, I hooked it back up to my HR21, which caused the receiver to lock up. I hard-booted the receiver, and had great Internet connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)