Installs, Inc. still doesn't have it's act together or...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SeattleVoomer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
failure to upgrade to a 24" antenna on 3 "scheduled appointments".

I'll try to be evenhanded about this but having dealt with Installs, Inc. for almost a year--we've had VOOM since Dec. last year--it will be a bit difficult.

On 11-18 scheduled an upgrade to a 24" antenna after experiencing rain fade with the beginning of the fall/winter storm season here in Seattle. On 11-24 received a call to have installer come a day early! On 11-26 received a call from installer that he hadn't received the antenna. Rescheduled for 12-1 two days after the expected delivery by FedEx.

Yes, on 12-1 early AM received a call from Installs that the installer still didn't have the antenna. It had been shipped to him but returned to original sender. Called Installs' Dispatch Center back and got lied to by a supervisor about a "dropped call". Finally, called back and talked to another person who said the antenna would be resent and we rescheduled for 12-6.

Can you guess what happened? Five gold stars if you can. Got a call this AM telling us the antenna had been shipped 12-3 but had been held up by FedEx and would arrive 12-9. Rescheduled for 12-13. I'm not holding out much hope at this point. By the way, we run a small internet business and do most of our shipping by FedEx and have never had this much trouble with FedEx getting shipments to our customers.

Why did I post this? Well, decided I'd give Installs, Inc./VOOM the benefit of the doubt after the first and second times but decided it was time to let all VOOMers and potential VOOMers know that Installs, Inc. can't seem to get their act together. (Hey, at least it is better than the good old days last winter when installers didn't show and noone called.) I fear for VOOM's future if Installs continues to drop the ball as VOOM is going to have a big push this spring, I assume, with the addition of more channels. We keep informed and connected here on satguys and more or less know what is happening. But new customers that just want VOOM to work probably won't be the videophile junkies we are.

However, at this point, still enjoying VOOM/HD under mostly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

The saga continues!

As of 12-7 Installs, Inc. had promised on THREE separate dates to upgrade our OTA antenna to a 24". (See above post.) On the 10th after numerous emails and phone calls I got Chris at Installs, Inc. home office to promise another attempt on 12-14 (yes, on the 7th we were told the 13th but....) with another antenna to be shipped to arrive on Monday.

Got the name and number of the local installer (someone we had never dealt with before) as well. He called Sat. evening about the "installation" and I told him it was for an upgraded satellite antenna which he then questioned the need for. Asked if we had a 2 story house. Told him that we did. Then he asked if we had a ladder for the roof and I told him not at this time. He told me he would have to rent a truck for the Tues. service call as his was in the shop. Not sounding to good here but he did promise to call us Mon. evening one way or the other to let us know if the antenna arrived.

Got home about 7:30 PM this evening the 13th and called Installs Dispatch (got "dropped" again on my first call), found out that the computer told him the antenna was to be delivered on the 9th and I told him it wasn't supposed to be sent until the 10th. Obviously, his computer was referring to the THIRD attempt. He called the "installer" and said no one was in the office. This is likely the guy who was supposed to get the antenna the first THREE times.

So, I called the new installer. He said that the antenna had had not been delivered and he had tried to call us. Well we know someone was by the phone from 2 PM on and we do have an answering machine. I'm becoming very skeptical in my old age.

In the process of sending a lenghty email to someone in VOOM's home office I turned on VOOM to tell them about our experience since pulling the phone line Sat. afternoon. So far we have not had any more lockups, grey screens or scrambled channels. This seems to be "working".

However, did find we had lost our OTAs 7-1 (signal-0) and 33-1 (signal 57-81). Yesterday we had some wind gusts to 40 mph. Maybe misaligned the OTA antenna. Sat signal was 79-81 in light to moderate (that's very light to light for most of you in the US) rain. Maybe the sat antenna got moved? Separate poles. You know as a teen I helped my dad put up one of those 5' jobs to get the then distant TV stations. We never had a problem.

So that's about it guys and gals. Have no idea if we will ever get an upgraded antenna. And as far as another service call to tweak the antennas--sure would be nice to coordinate that with the upgraded antenna but do you really think there is any hope that VOOM/Installs could ever do that?

Still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

How frustrating it must be for you, Gill.

My installation company also never received my 24" dish from Installs (many, many months ago) but did seek and get authorization to order the 24" dish from their regular suppliers and to get reimbursed by Installs for it.

I was lucky that my installation company stayed in touch with me several times a week, keeping me updated on their progress with Installs. Once they received the new dish, my installation was scheduled immediately with knowledgable installers.

Shelly

Thanks, Shelly. Now that is an installation company!

We just got word that the antenna didn't get overnighted on the 10th but the 13th and is on a FedEx truck right now. We've got our fingers crossed.

Still getting 33-1 badly broken up but called 7-1 and their digital channel is off the air until next weekend so that explains the O signal.

Yep, still watching HDTV under clearing (hope springs eternal) Seattle skies, Gill

......or Installs Inc. service varies from locale to locale. (To finish your sentence Seattle Voomer 1)

I have had two calls from Installs, Inc. The first was to install. It went very well and I haven't had any problems with the install. The second was because I "thought" I was getting rain fade and asked them to look at the dish and then do something about it. They checked and discovered that a tree limb from my neighbor's house was blowing in front of my dish when the wind came from the West. Got my neighbor's permission and Installs, Inc. cut the limb. Have had great receptin ever since. So I have nothing to complain about as of yet. So I think it might depend on the experience and desire of the local company. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

That is true. I could'nt be happier with the service I got from the installer and Voom. Everything works fine here. Only had to reboot one time on each of 2 boxes since last Friday when they were installed. I read all the posts here before my install and was worried about every part of subing to Voom but all turned out exactly opposite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)